Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 has RTS elements!

Well one RTS element at any rate.

Has anyone else realized that the retreat feature brings a tiny RTS element to the game? This is because the exact timing of your retreat matters if you want to get your army out with minimal damage. In other words since the main difference between a TBS game and an RTS game is that in the TBS you have unlimited time to make any decision then the retreat option is an RTS feature because you have to make your decision in real time.

So now we know why IGN gave their review to an RTS fan.

Bull ****...

Comment

CTP2 definately has more RTS tendencies than any other TBS game I can recall playing. The retreat feature being the most pronounced, but just the general streamlining of the game adds to the feeling that this game is one step closer to RTS than it's predecessors.

Comment

When I was thinking about the perfect game (there are 2 games I love the most: AoE2 and CTP), I though a merge of this would be. RT battles from AoE2, with interesting management and others in CTP. Impossible, though, I think, as it's hard to bind them together with so different aspects.

------------------
        Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

If you added real-time elements, a great deal would be left to the computer to manage. There would have to be less control available to the human player, and more 'random' events. You'd end up with something like SimCiv. Not that that's bad... just totally different.

Comment

I've been wondering this for a long time. What does RTS and TBS stand for?
            Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

Comment

RTS = Real Time Strategy
              TBS = Turn Based Strategy

----------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

The system used in Master of Magic and Age of Wonders is quite nice. Everything is turned based, yet the battle is more detailed and you can control everything.
                får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Working...
                X