Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenarios and corrupt saves/extra turn

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone with corrupt saves used a custom scenario to start the game.

What about the 'extra turn' bug where the current turn cycle starts over when you reload? Has anyone had this occur with a scenario?

The 'extra turn' bug seems to always occur on scenarios. If you use either one of the activision scenarios or one of your own you still get the extra turn after reloading. I don't see this happening if I start a game with no scenario.

At this point I'm fairly certain the 'extra turn' bug is a separate issue from the corrupt save games since I doubt everyone with corrupted saves was using a scenario and I can't cause the corrupt save problem intentionally from a fresh game, scenario or not.

quote:

Originally posted by wysiwyg on 12-01-2000 08:08 PM
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone with corrupt saves used a custom scenario to start the game.

What about the 'extra turn' bug where the current turn cycle starts over when you reload? Has anyone had this occur with a scenario?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by wysiwyg on 12-01-2000 08:46 PM
      At this point I'm fairly certain the 'extra turn' bug is a separate issue from the corrupt save games since I doubt everyone with corrupted saves was using a scenario and I can't cause the corrupt save problem intentionally from a fresh game, scenario or not.

After spending the day looking into it, I can confirm that the "extra turn" bug is a seperate issue. One we will probably not address. In our minds, that is not a big issue, if you want to use that to cheat the system, feel free. There are easier ways of cheating. The "extra turn" bug doesn't cause any crashes, or anything else other than those already mentioned.

The other issues are being looked into, and that's about all I can say.

Pyaray

Comment

The problem is likely due to scenario script processing taking place even when the end of turn flag are set. It might not be hard to fix.

While you can choose not to move again production and science still progress every time you reload. If you don't want the cheat it's pretty annoying; particularly if you only get to play a couple of hours at a time.

quote:

Originally posted by wysiwyg on 12-01-2000 08:46 PM
        The 'extra turn' bug seems to always occur on scenarios. If you use either one of the activision scenarios or one of your own you still get the extra turn after reloading. I don't see this happening if I start a game with no scenario.

Comment

Working...
        X