No announcement yet.

Australian Release Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local EB told me yesterday 3rd of December. The good news is that the EB catalogued advertised that you will et a free mini strategy guide if you purchase CTP2 from them.
    Monkey I am proud to be!
    Trim the sails and roam the sea!
    ...Stefu

Comment

Hey, hey! That's good news. CTP2 is an emotional rollercoaster, and I haven't even got it yet. I get psyched up for it, then I'm disappointed, then I get hope again...

------------------
      - MKL
      "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
      Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
      - mkl

Comment

I rang the EB in Chaddy today, and they said the 3rd. She said it'll probably be the 4th though because the 3rd is a Sunday.

------------------
        - MKL
        Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
        - mkl

Comment

It's here, its here!

I just called EB and they have just got it in, am about to go get it now

Yay!

Comment

I gotta get off the net and ring them now! Woo-hoo!

------------------
            - MKL Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
            - mkl

Comment

Well, normally I would have rushed out to get CTP2 but after reading a lot of ummm... negative posts about CTP2's AI, I'm beginning to think they didn't put any extra work into the AI from CTP1. Plus the feedback from the diplomacy doesn't seem to be helping anyone. I keep reading more and more posts about how the diplomacy is supposed to work. It appears they focused on the proposal aspect of the diplomacy but not the feedback leading to the guesswork that we also had to do for CTP1 last year. Also it looks like the game is still buggy and a patch is needed for it so I won't get it until the game is either patched or WesW finishes his MedModII for it. (Recently downloaded Medmod 4 for CTP... WOW...CTP is a whole new different game... played it everyday until my little problem below...)

The other factor for me not getting this game right away(the most significant factor actually) is that my monitor is stuffed. It refuses to display green so in effect I can't play games anymore since a lot of games use green... like hitpoint bars. I'm going to get a new computer next year so until then I can't play or get any more new games.

Finally, I've noticed a trend with new release Activision games at EB. It appears they go on budget after only 2-3 months after they are released. I'm surprised that games like Dark Reign 2 and Vampire have already hit the $49.95 mark so if the current trend holds I should expect CTP2 to hit the bargain bins around ohhh... March or April. (If you live in Australia you will know that games going to the bargain bins this early is actually a rarity)By then the patch for CTP2 will be out, I'll have a brand new spanking computer with a WORKING monitor and several mods would have been released for it. Gawd I'm such a diabolical genius.

Anyway, make sure you Aussies post your reviews for the game too! I might not be getting it now but I still thirst for those reviews of CTP2.
              Monkey I am proud to be!
              ...Stefu

Comment

Well, I rushed off and got myself a copy, although EB didn't have those mini strategy guides that were in the catologue. The guy said he wasn't sure that they had receivd any, but to give them a ring in a few days to see if they've come though. Mind you, there's not usually much in a whole guide let alone a mini one, so I don't know that I'll bother going back for it.

What I think of the game so far? To begin with I didn't know where to look. Which screen should I look at first? I've got to say I'm still a little overwhelmed. Mind you, I've only given it half an hour so far. I managed to get myself killed by barbarians a few times because I was too busy trying to build settlers. I haven't got the hang of getting a start yet, but I'm picking that Warriors need to be higher up on my priority list.

The good news of course, is that 2MB Diamond Stealth video card is doing fine. That's a relief. I'll post more once I get to play the game a bit more (gotta move house tomorrow, so I've been pretty busy).

------------------
                - mkl

Comment

Oh, btw, my copy has "Asia-Pacific Version" written on it. People from countries around here (eg NZ) can make of that what they will, but I'm picking it means that your copies aren't far off either.

------------------
                  - mkl

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Monkey on 12-01-2000 04:42 AM
                    Plus the feedback from the diplomacy doesn't seem to be helping anyone. I keep reading more and more posts about how the diplomacy is supposed to work. It appears they focused on the proposal aspect of the diplomacy but not the feedback leading to the guesswork that we also had to do for CTP1 last year.
                    my feelings about the lack of feedback when you're rejected were negative too. i tend to find though that geting my proposals accepted is more "fun" after a few tons of unexplained rejections

Comment

Well, there's a few problems I've got with the interface (eg. all that clicking you have to do to read and get rid of messages, a lack of any 'turns to next pop' when it's blatantly obvious it would be quite useful). But overall I've got to say I'm hooked.

I'm moving house today, so I was supposed to be getting to bed relatively early so I could do some more packing this morning, but guess who had trouble exiting the game? No interface issues there; I just kept setting myself new targets until 3am in the morning. "I'll get to 200 turns, then off I go. I'll just have an apple while I play some more, then it's bed for me. I've just got to get an embassy with those Americans. That new caravan is only a couple of turns off - after that I'm out of here."

It's fantastic to feel this way about a civ game again. Hopefully it's not something that's going to wear off, but I'm quite excited about the game so far. And quite keen to get my computer plugged in ASAP when I move in to my mate's place tonight.

------------------
                      - mkl

Comment

So if the east coast has it now then I'm guessing that it'll get to W.A. by about ..... August 2003 huh?
                        Ah well, lets hope its worth waiting for...

Comment

MMMmmmm. I think I should check the shops tomorrow to see if the game is out here in Europe. If not, I'll be confused at the lack of courtesy Activision has for us EU types.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Big Crunch on 12-01-2000 09:53 PM
                            MMMmmmm. I think I should check the shops tomorrow to see if the game is out here in Europe. If not, I'll be confused at the lack of courtesy Activision has for us EU types.

It's definitely scheduled for the 8th Dec in the UK at present. All UK games ship on fridays and it was not released today. Another week to build anticipation or reconsider, depending on your point of view.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

quote:

So if the east coast has it now then I'm guessing that it'll get to W.A. by about ..... August 2003 huh?
                              Ah well, lets hope its worth waiting for...

its made its way to little 'ol Adelaide, I can't see Perth being too far away.

Tha game is kinda good, I'm liking it a bit more the more I'm playing it but I have to say that I'm not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed playing and learning ctp1 - though as that was my first civ type game I had played that might have something to do with it...I don't know at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X