Australian Release Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Release Date

I recieved this ICQ message from Mike8472 (ICQ#69571255) who's been having some problems posting in Apolyton. He asked me to post this here:

"Ok for all you Aussies out there i have a confirmed release for Australia. I phoned Activision personaly, they told be that the release date for Australia is now the 20th November, pushed forward form the 3rd of december due to the early shiping in the US and our version is nearly the smae as theres except of a few code changes. I also rang my local Electronic Boutique store to confirm this where i also have a depsit down on a copy CTP2, and they confirmed that the release date is the 20th, as long as they recieve the games by then, they can only sell them sa soon as they get them. Anyway happy gaming next week."

------------------
    - MKL
    "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
    Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited November 15, 2000).]</font>
    - mkl

Four more days...mmmmmm....CTP2. I probably won't reserve it though unless my local EB has a special going on with preordering. I'm just going to pick it up at the swap meets. You can get it at the swap meets in Melbourne for around $20 cheaper. Any game I'm definitely sure I want to keep I'll buy at the swap meets, any game I'm not sure about I'll buy it at EB. Hmmm, maybe I should go check out EB right now...hehehehe...
    Monkey I am proud to be!
    Trim the sails and roam the sea!
    ...Stefu

Comment

I'm not sure what EB is doing here in Melbourne as I haven't spoken to them yet, but my favourite (and generally cheap) computer shop Pulsar Computers on Bourke St says that it doesn't even ship until the 30th...

Looks like I've got a while to wait yet. At least it gives me time to look for another video card.

I don't suppose anyone has managed to run the game on only a 2MB video card? *holds breath*

------------------
      - MKL
      - mkl

Comment

What are the typical prices for new releases at Pulsar computers, MKL? Also do they accept exchanges, refunds, returns of opened software? I'm always looking for the bigger better deal when it comes to games.
        Monkey I am proud to be!
        ...Stefu

Comment

There aren't any "code" changes for any of the international versions. The installer is slightly different (no online registration) and one tiny bug in the tutorial script got fixed for everything but the US (It was only causing a minor display problem in the German version, I don't think it made a difference otherwise.) For the English language versions, those are the only differences. Other language versions obviously have a lot more data changed, but it's still just data, not code.

I guess to a PR/CS person, anything on the CD counts as "code" though So in some sense I guess that's a fair statement. Just sounds wrong to my programmer ears.
          Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

They're not insanely cheap. You'll always still do better at swap meets. To be honest I haven't bought new release games there before. I bought Caesar 3 there for $45 when it was still near $60 everywhere else, and I bought the SMAC Planetary Pack for $45 too, and I still haven't seen it that cheap elsewhere yet.

Best of all it's nice and central in the city. It's on the corner of Bourke and Elizabeth. You go up an escalator which faces on to Bourke St (on the opposite side of Elizabeth St to the mall). The Blood Bank is up there too.

Don't expect there to be much of a price difference, but generally I've found it to be consistently a little cheaper, and the people there are really nice. I'm not sure about their refund policy.

------------------
            - MKL
            - mkl

Comment

Then WHY THE HELL IS IT BEING RELEASED OVER HERE ON THE 8TH DECEMBER.

Its official. I hate Activision.

------------------
              ...And if the British Commonwealth and its people live for a thousand years, man will still say "this was their finest hour"- Winston Churchill.

Comment

Sidenote: If Mike8472 is having problems posting in our forums, he should get in contact with us directly.

Back to the regularly scheduled 'Release Date' discussion...

----------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Damn!
                  Is it really 8th December. HMV told me they'd have a copy for me on the 4th. Don't hate them red_jon, it's not *that* bad!
                  Anyway, I should hate you for misquoting Churchill ;-)
                  Turk

Comment

DanQ - He told me that he was waiting for a response from you guys. Crossed wires there somewhere... I'll ask him to try again.

------------------
                    - MKL
                    - mkl

Comment

Regarding the UK release date, I was under the impression it was scheduled for 24th November. It says so on the Gamespot UK Q&A.

Does anyone know for sure, is it 24 Nov or 8 Dec?
                      MSB

Comment

Well, I went to my local EB store. No CTP2 there yet and today is the 20th.
                        Monkey I am proud to be!
                        ...Stefu

Comment

I called up EB today and they said the release date is still 3/12

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by XWaste on 11-20-2000 04:23 AM
                            I called up EB today and they said the release date is still 3/12

So did I

------------------
                            I'm Australia's nuclear cop
                            I am the real Troll
                            A.H. is a nice guy
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I went in today and asked when they'd have it, and the guy behind the counter initially told me they'd held it back until NEXT YEAR. That was a bit of a punch in the face. Anyway, after checking the computer he said they'd just got an email saying it was held back, and that they wouldn't have it in their warehouse until December the 1st. He said they'd hopefully have it in store a week after that.

When does this stop? If Activision only have to change a couple of keys, why the hell is it taking so long?! Civ 3 will be out by the time we get CTP2 down here!!!

------------------
                              - MKL
                              - mkl

Comment

Working...
                              X