I will buy CTP2 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will buy CTP2 !

I did not get CTP 1 and I was very wary at first about CTP2 because of the things I heard about the first CTP.
    But looking at the previews, I must say that I am impressed. The improvements seem really substantial:
    - better diplomacy (counter-proposals)
    - cool scenarios (Alexander the Great, WW2 and Nuclear Detente)
    - nuclear MAD implemented
    - urban planner unit
    - better city management (no more heads in each tile, yippee!!)
    - borders
    etc...

So, I am here to say that I will undoubtly buy CTP 2 when it is released.

Activision: you got one more customer

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

The Diplomat...dont believe everything you hear.(LOL..But listen to me please)..CTP is a pretty sweet game!!

And YES CTP:2 looks sweeter!!

WW2 Mod is waiting with my name on it!!

A friend in Need is a FRIEND INDEED!!

Comment

Salutation,

Well i do believe in a more practical approach on buying games.

Although CTP2 looks very promising on paper i tend to remember that a lot of games also looks good on paper but didn't met all the expectations they might have raised.

Given my little experience in civilisation games, i will sit back and listen to the experts around this forum in order to know what they think of this game when it comes out.

If CTP2 is a keeper, i will know soon enough :-)

Nazgul

Comment

Well, I'm going to be cautious too. I remember how great CTP sounded on paper last year and when it shipped it didn't quite live up to expectations. Let's hope that Activision has gotten it right this time. I think people are still going to buy it even if it is still not as good because civ3 wont be in stores at least for another year and there aren't a lot of other civ games(ones that actually bear resemblance to civ) coming out soon.
        Monkey I am proud to be!
        Trim the sails and roam the sea!
        Trim the sails and roam the sea!
        ...Stefu

Comment

I will wait and see what the reviews say. I know that a game can look great on paper and not translate into a great game. CTP is probably a good example of that.
          If the reviews were bad then I would not buy the game.

What I am saying is that up to this point I like what I am seeing. I am simply seeing a lot of features that I have always wanted to see in a civ game! I mentionned most of them in my opening post. Another feature that I am looking forward to is CTP2's stacked combat where stacked units can move as a single unit and allow the player to name his/her armies! I want stacked units to move as one, and I want to be able to name my armies. This something that civ3 better implement because I am sick of civ2 ans SMAC's way of moving each unit separately.
          I also really like CTP/CTP2 Alert system for military units!

I am also really excited about those scenarios.

I hope that CTP2 is all it seems to be shaping up to be. We shall see. (Activison: don't drop the ball now!!

------------------
          No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Frankly, I'll probably end up buying CTP2 as well. And not like I did SMAC, 2 years after it cam out and for only $5. But I'm not going to pay $40+ to alpha or beta test it, either.

------------------
            Big Dave

If you don't stand for anything
            you'll fall for everything.
            Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

If you ar eso passive about buying games, just download it and test if first, if you end up liking it buy it, otherwise erase it and never bother with it again. Illeagal yes, but it´s really a right way to go as long as you have the moral to buy it if you like it...

Comment

You are sooooo right, Depp. I usually borrow the CD from someone or wait for 6 months.

------------------
                Big Dave

If you don't stand for anything
                you'll fall for everything.
                Any flames in this message are solely in the mind of the reader.

Comment

Depp, you read my mind. There are a lot of features that make me want to buy the game. But, alot of the extra, little things that made it fun in the past seem to have been removed, so I am hesitant also. A full version test is definately in order here...not going to be "duped" twice
                  But, unfortunately, i do have morals (eventhough activision apparently didn't have any during the first release). The team seems to be putting alot of hard work into it, and even if the game fails, I give them props for having such concern for what their customers think, by visiting these forums and doing their best to impliment ideas for the game.

dave: damn, you had me beat by $5 on SMAC
                  [This message has been edited by Nemo (edited September 04, 2000).]

Comment

Hey, it's supposed to be coming out during the holidays/my birthday, so with any luck, I won't have to buy it, but just unwrap the gift paper!!!

I do like what I am reading (for the most part) - just make sure it is balanced...
                    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Hmm let me think 200+ Megs on 56k modem. Hmm guess not . To big to DL at school and then bring back.

I know I'll buy the game anyways, but I'll wait till it's finished, like patch 1.2 for CTP.

Comment

I`m going to buy the game the same second the stores get it. I can easily get it for free from some friends, BUT I`ll buy it anyways. Nomater how bad reviews it get I MUST have it. I`m a major civ addict, and have waited for this game for a looong time. A bad civ game is still better then no civ game ..... and all I have heard about the game so far looks good.

I WISH I HAD THE GAME NOW!!!

aCa@civ

(err hope the game comes a long time before my winter exams or after ....)
                        aCa (a Civilization addict)

Comment

aCa - I can't help but feel cheery at your unbridled enthousiasm. It makes for a nice change.

- MKL
                          - mkl

Comment

Thx. I think many of you guys are to negative. You guys are tooooo critical. It`s just a game. Hopefully a fun game. A computer game isn`t exactly very expensive. I think game is going to be a best seller. And I promise you I`m one of the one buying it .... it`s only money isn`t it?

cya
                            aCa@civ
                            aCa (a Civilization addict)

Comment

I have no pity for you people.

Comment

Working...
                              X