Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon (UK) giving a free copy of CTP when you buy CTP II

How ridiculous is that?
    Who on earth would want the bug-ridden original, when they can play the new one. Historical interest? Masochism?
    "Oh no, I can't deal with a Globesat that actually works and improved diplomacy, I'd better play the first version."
    They must have piles of the original just sitting there taking up warehousing space.
    Release still Dec 8th though :-(
    Turk

Just shows what a bag of crap the first one was, and how desperate Amazon are to get shut of the no doubt hundreds of unsold copies from their warehouse.

Activision: This CTP2 had better be good - making us wait until 8th Dec has annoyed a lot of the Brits and continentals on these Apoltyon threads.
    MSB

Comment

Heh, heh. It's pretty good that they're doing it, but unless someone is ultra keen on playing in space or something, there's next to no reason to play the first.

Having said that, I'm giving CTP a bit of a hammering while I'm still waiting for CTP2.

------------------
      - MKL
      "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
      Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
      - mkl

Comment

I was going to claim it was nostalgia value, until I realised if you were likely to be nostalgic you would alreasy have it...
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It'd be nostalgic for those who sat it up on a shelf or threw it out to do the same again.

------------------
          - MKL Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
          "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
          - mkl

Comment

Wow, free coasters
            You only live twice; when you are born, and again when you look death in the face.

Comment

Well, thanks for the notification .. id rather pay £30 and get a free tea coster than pay $85 from Activision.. MSB is so so correct when he says that Activision have annoyed many non US/Canada residents .. CIV3 developers take note (and I believe they will) don't use US Based dev teams as an excuse to make the game so American, it should be re-names American Civilisation 3 almost a contradiction isn't it

OK enough Activision bashing .. back to work ..

------------------
              "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon
              "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

There can never be enough Activision- bashing!

------------------
                I got bored with my Churchill quote (and was tired of people telling me I misquoted him).

"Gotta love me"- Baby, Dinosaurs

Comment

Working...
                X