Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamestop Sucks - Good luck in getting the "pre-oder"

1. Preordered the game on Tuesday.
    2. Called 6 local Babbage's Tuesday, Wednesday and Thurday. "No clue on the release day".
    3. Checked my order on Thursday and now they say it's on "backorder".
    4. No replies to emails (no stinkin 800 number to call).
    5. Called my credit card company and cancelled the charge.
    6. Went to Software Plus (in St. Louis) on Thursday and got a copy.
    7. Called off work on Friday and am now brewing a large pot of coffee for a long weekend of conquest...

Yeah I got the same run around everywhere! The key is to have them search for "Call to Power" It will then show them CTP2.

I put money down on it on Wed...They told me today, and today they told me tommorow....So who the heck knows what is going on. CompUSA.com said that my local store had it in stock so I went to go and snag it...Not only did they not have it, but the sales guy told me that they weren't carrying Activision games anymore...Which I don't believe....

So, long story short...If you live in the Lansing Area in Michigan....Drive to Flint or someplace else because it's a bust here!

Keith

Comment

CompUSA will receive a small order to each store tomorrow (Friday). For now, your best bet is Electronics Boutique, Software Etc or Babbage's. After the weekend, most stores should have it in stock.

As for the Comp clerk saying that they don't carry Activision games, that's bunk. You could probably walk him down the aisle and point out Star Trek: Elite Force, Tony Hawk 2, Soldier of Fortune, etc. etc.

Comment

After getting shafted by my local small wargame store(they sold my hold copy),I went to CompUSA and they had a shelf full of copies. I am in Wisconsin can't be to much different from MI.

Comment

Here in San Jose (northern California) the local Electronics Boutique got only 4 copies initially and sold out. At Software Etc. they tell me that by the way it shows up on their computer they can't tell when they will receive their initial shipment, try back next week.

It seems very unusual to have the release of a major title come out at such a slow pace. Is it this way everywhere?

John-SJ

Comment

EB initially took an order of about 12 units per store, but from the stories I've heard, has not been shipping them to stores all at once. I'm not sure why.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by LT John on 11-17-2000 12:49 AM

As for the Comp clerk saying that they don't carry Activision games, that's bunk. You could probably walk him down the aisle and point out Star Trek: Elite Force, Tony Hawk 2, Soldier of Fortune, etc. etc.

Yeah. I know it's bunk. He knew it was bunk. I think he was just trying to get rid of me because he didn't want to answer the question....He coulnd't handle the truth. hehehe

Comment

John-sj
                I went to Etc.B at hilltop mall in Richmond (I-80) last night. They had several copie when I got mine. I also got out of stock from the mail order. I just e-mail them back and said forget it. Software Etc in Fairfield said maybe today. Remember the mall in Sunnyvale.

------------------

Comment

WOW! For one who wasn't sure he would buy CtP2 without hearing some good reviews I've sure been bitten by the bug!

I called the Vallco EB this morning and found that they now have it in stock. GREAT, I thought, but wait, there's more. I then called EBWorld (online store) to check on my order there and found that their order tracking is messed up, the order that shows "processing" on their web site was actually shipped yesterday, and it's waiting at home for me right now!

Bottom line is that I decided that I MUST have a copy today, I'm glad I got one before the cold sweats and shaking started.

edit: Thanks, Joseph!

John-SJ

[This message has been edited by John-SJ (edited November 17, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X