No announcement yet.

Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When CTP 1 "went gold" there was an official announcement here at Apolyton. I would wait until then to get a good idea of the release date.

Comment

I have another important question (well, it is for me). Will be other languages (like german) released on the same day?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Slax on 11-06-2000 12:18 AM
        When CTP 1 "went gold" there was an official announcement here at Apolyton. I would wait until then to get a good idea of the release date.

huh i was under the inpresion that it HAD "went Gold" because Par was stating that it was going to ship in November!

Huh!

Drakenred

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by TomTom on 11-06-2000 03:23 AM
          I have another important question (well, it is for me). Will be other languages (like german) released on the same day?
          from what i hear from Lt John the localized versions will not come out on the same day(last-minute changes in the texts might occur, so i guess localization starts near the release of the english version)

Comment

Ok..Babbages..software..which..BTW..will allow you a TOTAL Refund within 7 days for any reason what-so-ever..has a release date set for November 14, 2000..here is the link..http://www.gamestop.com..then type in the search area at top left Call To Power 2..

Again..only a speculation..

...My Brethren...~sigh~..My Kingdom Awaits my arrival..soon..soon...

Troll
            [This message has been edited by Troll (edited November 06, 2000).]
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

It's strange there web sit says the 14th.
              I was in Software ETC. today, and the manager looked up the game on his computer and told me that the date was the 18th. The book is due out the 20th of November. Babbages ownes Software ETC. You would think the dates would match!
              [This message has been edited by MWatts (edited November 06, 2000).]

Comment

Just be thankful the release date isn't August 2001.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MWatts on 11-06-2000 06:25 PM
                  It's strange there web sit says the 14th.
                  I was in Software ETC. today, and the manager looked up the game on his computer and told me that the date was the 18th. The book is due out the 20th of November. Babbages ownes Software ETC. You would think the dates would match!
                  [This message has been edited by MWatts (edited November 06, 2000).]

their are a couple of reasons for the mismatch in dates,

the Websight is probably looking at the date that theyestimate that they will get it at the warehouse,
                  the Stors are lookin at the recipt date that they estimate that they will get it to the stores

however we do seem to be Overlooking one MINOR detail

The game has aparently not even "gone Gold" yet.

so anyone saying they have a Date now is selling you Vaporware.

Comment

If i remember right-but its been over 1 1/2 years now-when CTP I went gold it took about another 1 1/2 to 2 weeks before hittin gthe store shelves. so if that is the case (i.e. average shipping/packaging time for this company) then the release date is at least november 21st IF it goes gold this week.

just my 0¢ [my 2¢ - (1¢ for school + 1¢ for girlfriend)]

------------------
                    "Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
                    -Michael Sinz

Comment

Well..eagerly I went to reserve my copy of CTP:2 at Babbagges and The wall had a posted note that the release date was 11/08/2000..and Im thinking WOW!...these guys are great not gold yet and we get it in two days!!..J/K....I am eagerly awaiting..like if its in November or December or whenever..I will play and decide for myself..I cannot wait..My Wife on other Hand.........LOL..she loves me and understands....

Troll
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

One for all the UK Civers.

Amazon.co.uk are taking pre-order priced £27.99.

The olny Uk site i've found to do so.

They've also got UK release down for 24/11/00.

Comment

Why can't someone from Activision let us know a rough date that they are working towards, at least? It's better than all of us sitting here speculating and getting our hopes up.

Will it be out this month, or not?????

Comment

Working...
                          X