• Show
Clear All

• New story on the official CTP2 site.

I find more new parts of the story on the activision site:
    http://www.activision.com/games/ctp2/renaissance.html

Blade
    Blade

quote:

Unfortunately, with democracy comes the influence of the elected Senate. I have few friends in that branch of government. They have placed restrictions on my military ambitions. Their decisions are foolish

Are you thinking what I am thinking of?
    Monkey I am proud to be!
    Trim the sails and roam the sea!
    ...Stefu

Comment

The last half about the restrictions of the senate are pretty cool. Sounds like old times.

I'm glad they decided to move on to the Renaissance. We'd seen enough of the Anchient period. Looking forward to many updates soon!

------------------
      - MKL
      "And of course Henry The Horse dances the waltz!"
      Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org .............All welcome.
      - mkl

Comment

The question is whether the Senate actually blocks your activities or this is just the result of changes in your modifiers for having a democracy. Personally, I'm hoping that the Senate actively blocks your moves.

------------------
        "In war, there is no substitute for victory."
        - Douglas MacArthur
        “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
        they said.” — President Clinton

Comment

Is the Senate really in the game or just a story? If it is in the game, I will hope that it would actively block my action, such as ordering me to withdraw my troop when I'm fighting a highly unpopular war.
          ==========================
          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Ha ha ha! I can't believe that king is Egyptian! Looks more like Henry VIII to me.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Paulypav on 11-08-2000 01:54 PM
              The question is whether the Senate actually blocks your activities or this is just the result of changes in your modifiers for having a democracy. Personally, I'm hoping that the Senate actively blocks your moves.

You'd think if they featured it so prominently in the story that they would actually block you. Otherwise why would they have gone to so much trouble in the story to point it out?

Ah, well. Wait and see.

------------------
              - MKL
              "And of course Henry The Horse dances the waltz!"
              Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org .............All welcome.
              - mkl

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tical_2000 on 11-08-2000 08:06 PM

Ha ha ha! I can't believe that king is Egyptian! Looks more like Henry VIII to me.

It's supposed to represent the same empire moving through time.

As for the senate blocking thing, Markos hasn't found a thing yet in his build that suggests this feature was actually implemented. I've got my fingers crossed on the final release version. Why take out all the good features of civ2? Unless copyright issues prevents the CTP2 team from implementing the feature.

Monkey I am proud to be!
                ...Stefu

Comment

Working...
                X