Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacking with Allies?

A question for Activision, or anyone who has played the beta:

Can you stack with allied units? One of the things I really hated in CtP was that, if you allied with a computer player, it would often move units into your territory and block your own roads - and since they were allies, you couldn't ask them to remove their troops!

Ideally, I'd like to be able to stack with allied troops & move through them, like in SMAC. Is this possible in CtP2? If not, can you ask your ally to get his troops out of your territory?
    Lev Koszegi

I have to agree here. I thought the alliance concept in CTP 1 was just plain wrong, SMAC handles it much better.

Comment

Since alliances are going to be much more meaningful in ctp2 than they were in ctp1 (aren't they, guys? Sure they will be more meaningful.) this is a feature that really needs to be in there.

I didn't know that SMAC has this feature, of course SMAC's stacking feature is different than ctp's.

Comment

Another advantage of the SMAC system of alliance is, you can (for example) move your troops into your allies' cities to help defend them.

I don't know if that could work with the CtP2 combat system; I'm guessing not likely. SMAC had it easy, since it still has the silly "only one unit in a stack can defend" combat system.

But I'll be satisfied with CtP2 if your allies will respect your borders by (1)not trying to create cities within them and (2)removing their troops when you ask.
        Lev Koszegi

Comment

Working...
        X