Cities in mountains and mixed unit armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities in mountains and mixed unit armies

I notice when i attack a city located on a mountain with a mixed unit army bad things happen. If i win the battle all of the cavalry units in the army die and all the infantry live.

Let me clearify, when a mixed army occupies a city the victorious cavalry units die after the battle. They win the battle but die because they cant cross mountains. This seems like a bug to me.
    Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Mounted units cant travel over Mountains, so its not a bug really, unless you consider Mounted units should be able to enter a city in a mountain.

Better to just attack with an ALL Mounted stack from one side, then when they win they will wait outside the city (because the stack isnt mixed) then enter the city with some defensive/bombarding units to capture it.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Actually it probably is a bug because they should wait outside while the Infantrymen go inside to capture it, like they wait outside when the stack is all Cavalry.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Thats exactly what i was thinking they should just wait outside.
        Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

Working...
        X