Useless Messages on Apolyton Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Messages on Apolyton Pack

I decided I was getting too many crashes, so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Something isn't right though. I'm getting useless messages in the message box. Instead of announcing completed items, the messages say "Military Readiness" or "Happiness" and stuff like that. Must be a file out of synch or something else going on. Anyone have any ideas?

DebugSlic=Yes/No?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yes, Debug is set to "No" since this tends to cause a lot of problems. The "useless messages" occur in a game I started before I reinstalled the program and tried to continue after I completed it. I get "normal" messages when I start a fresh game. I guess I just have to lose a week's of gaming and start over!

Now the game just crashes to the desktop if I try to load a game while playing. I can't figure that out!

Comment

maybe try /reloadslic.

Comment

Another thing might be if the save game you are trying to load was created in a different game/mod setup - that can cause wierd in game messages and crashes.....
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc214
            Yes, Debug is set to "No" since this tends to cause a lot of problems. The "useless messages" occur in a game I started before I reinstalled the program and tried to continue after I completed it. I get "normal" messages when I start a fresh game. I guess I just have to lose a week's of gaming and start over!
            Indeed as centrifuge mentioned /reloadslic solves this problem, to do this just open the chat window by pressing the apostrophe key(') and enter: /reloadslic

Originally posted by johnc214
            Now the game just crashes to the desktop if I try to load a game while playing. I can't figure that out!
            Did you saved the game on another mod setup or crashes the game when you save your game and want to reload it from the turn before?

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
            X