lost file (ANET2.DLL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost file (ANET2.DLL)

Trying to run my CTP2; however, it gives me the message "lost file...ANET2.DLL not found."

Any ideas on how to fix it (broke original disk ages ago)?

Thnx all!!!

Google is your friend:

Comment

Would be nice if it were that easy! Actually, it's my CD-ROM drive that I busted!

Comment

Can't help you with that. But do a search and see if ANET2.DLL is still on your HD. It should be in ...\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp.

Comment

think that donker site screwed up, it didn't forward me the file yet...but it took my $10!!! You have a copy by any chance?

Comment

i did a searhc for ANET2.DLL and I do not think I am going about this right. I searched for files containing the text "ANET2.DLL" and about 20 showed up. Not sure what to do from there.

Comment

okay found ANET2.DLL and tried dragging it into my CTP2 folder. Then it gave me the message "MSS32.DLL not found". Then I found that and tried dragging it in which yeilded yet another not found message. What's going on?

Comment

Have you changed your HD designation from "C" to "D" or something like that? Where (path) did you find ANET2.DLL and MSS32.DLL?

Comment

no, I found it in the same drive as my CTP2 file. I think it is pretty badly corrupted. If my CD drive weren't dead I would just go buy a new copy! Think there are any unofficial copies floating around on the net? (the yahoo games on demand copy is missing the servers dat file i think)

Comment

Downloading anything 'free' from the net carries certain risks(i.e. hidden virus/trojans etc).
                    You could save yourself some trouble by the simple act of buying a new cd-drive, if you look in your local free ads/computer stores you might even find a free one?

CTP2 can be picked up cheap from a couple of places, it seems to change, but anything around £10 is a good price.
                    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Buy a new CD-drive, for you're going to need one anyway.

Heck, when I broke mine, I just had to get a new one in three days, because life without it became intolerable.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, if you need servers.dat you can get it from the Directory: http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?id...ts=4451&cat=29

Otherwise, the only way to get the game working is to fix the CD drive and buy a new copy... (fortunately at least the new copy should be extremely cheap, don't know about the CD drive )
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                        X