Ok Democracy or Fascism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Democracy or Fascism?

I got my calvary way before I am even close to Fascism. I am now researching Democracy. Um do I still want Facsism? My goal was that but I get to go "thru" democracy to get it. Should I change or is Democracy a hard Gov to play game with?

Thanks again

Lars

Democracy is a government for peace, Fascism for war. If you're not involved in or preparing for any major battles, Democracy is a great government. Otherwise Fascism would be the way to go.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Is there a problem if I go with Democracy for a short time. I am in a republic and I have 25 cities and four are starving right now so I went strait to democracy to get it asap. I can keep going to Fascism but thought demo was better. And yes I am at war and going to declare on the scots next....

Lars

Comment

Can you fight with Demo?

As above but can you play a good game and fight and STILL have a democracy?
        What would you prefer? By the way you are right Cavalry ROCKS>>> what should I be researching next? Tanks or Battleships? I am surounded by water so I was going to go with Battelships... Lend me your thoughts.... and your preferenes...I love this game by the way...=)

Lars.

Comment

Well, that could lead to some major happiness problems so I guess you'd first have to look at the current state of your empire. If it can sustain a potentially big happiness hit, by all means go for democracy, but otherwise it would be best to wait for fascism. Also, democracy will probably fix your starvation problem but might end up killing your production, so you'll also have to consider how the war is going for you: if you think you can go a without producing a lot of units for a while, you can go for democracy, but if you really need a constant stream of refreshments on the front line you're better off holding out for a bit longer.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

So hold out for FAscsim..

Ok Thanks I changed over this morning but I will prolly go and switch over to Faschist. Is it really bad if I got demo but than switched over to fascist afteward?

Lars

Comment

Democracy is a great government if you have all your cities prepared for the "change".

Ideally Shrines, Theatres, Arenas and Basilicas in all cities for happiness so you can use the wage slider to its best under Democracy. You have alot of mines and farms in place and use scientists in high growth cities.

The same change might work for Communism really if you have alot of commerce tile and use labourers in high growth cities, but i dont think this works as well as Democracy at all.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

And go for Tanks for sure first, they rock even more than Cavalry ... sadly. I am also learnign the great use for PT Boats
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

One downside of Fascism is that, while in it, you get to build these mean fascist units but when you switch out of it, they go 'poof' and disappear.

Comment

My morning game turns..

Ok let me clean up what I did before I went to work. I played about ten turns and rushed into Democracy. I am thinking about going back and NOT getting it and staying the course for Fascism. Now at this point I have Democracy and I hope that my starving cities will be somewhat fed. Here is my question. WIll I have big issues if i go from demo to Fascist? I just wanted to keep my cities from dying out. Any ideas?

Lars

Comment

It sounds like you dont have many farms around your cities, hard to know without seeing your civ but perhaps drop back to Fascism, that wont give you any problems, and build farms.

Post your save game

Comment

Working...
                      X