CTP MP vs. CTP2 MP vs. Civ 3 PTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP MP vs. CTP2 MP vs. Civ 3 PTW

Hi... I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on multi-player games with CTP 2 vs Civ 3..

My friend and I currently own one copy of Civ 3... We also own one copy of CTP.. We wonder which is the best value if we want to play vs. each other.. The options basically are:

Buy 2 copies of CTP 2...at whatever price
    Buy 1 copy of PTW and one set of Civ3 and PTW at whatever price..
    Buy 1 copy of CTP at like $5 and settle for that..

We've played CTP but it of course has it's flaws.. It's the cheapest option of course but but are there any thoughts as to the other two?

All games there offer some enjoyment, i think its obvious which 2 id choose first. Having said that, i dont play Civ3 MP because its tiresome for me, when im used to stacking armies and using public works, instead of moving a hundred workers, i find the CTP games more enjoyable.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

If you can get hold of CTP for $5 then that is the cheapest option. Go visit the CTP forums - i know alot of PBEM goes on, and there may some LAN players around to give you advice.Check to see what downloads/mods you can use.

As for CTP2, i've had fun with it in LAN MP and if you can get cheap copies and dont mind a few rough edges i'd definatly recommend it.

Those are the cheapest options i guess, as Civ3 PTW is still a full price release. As for Civ3 i've never played it so can't comment.

Good luck and hope you find a game to enjoy in MP
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
      X