Celebration effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebration effects?

I have been trying to get into ctp2. I have been reading these posts from the beginning looking for some strategy nuggets. One question I have seen asked but not answered is what are the effects of celebrations.
    Also I seem to have a list of posters whose posts I cannot read. I never made such a list. The main one is MarkG who seems to be respected from reading the other posts. Whenever I come to a post from him it says he is on my blocked list or some similar language. You have the option of clicking to read one of these blocked posts but the one time I did about 100 pop-up ads knocked me into the next room. I never saw this in the civ2 forums. Does anyone know how I unwittingly blocked certain posters? Thanks.

The users that appear to be ignored are users who have been deleted. This is from a long time ago when the forums were on different forum software. After they switched over, for some reason several user accounts were deleted or didn't transfer properly (eg. "Like A Preserved Snapcase on Stage" was too long, and got lost) MarkG is the one you'll come across most often, but even then if you go digging back a couple of years. Not sure what happened there. Probably he set up a new account on the new forum to test it (he's the co-owner and admin) and then transferred the names across, and the software saw a MarkG already there and couldn't overwrite or something.
    All his posts 'recently'* are visible.

* I say recently, it has been ages now. Three years+? Someone will know.

As for celebrating... I don't know.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks Immortal Wombat. I am about 250 turns into a game on medium level. I recently got Ships of the Line but they won't seem to Bombard a city. Can they only bombard other ships?
      Oops I just found the answer on page 16 (starting from the beginning). I have to get battleships to bombard the shore.

Comment

As far as I know the happier your poeple are the less crime you have in their city. The less crime you have in your city the more science and production and gold you get from the city. Well in therory. Normally we tend to make our citiciens as unhappy as possible without risking riots to get as much as possible out of them, but you should look on the turns until the next advance and you have to decide if the next tech is more importent or is more production important.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I believe having celebrations significantly improves your score (As usual, this is something I only know for sure in CTP1).

Comment

Working...
          X