Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No troops in territory but civs complain

Hi!

I´m new at Civ CtP2 and I´m playing the "GoodMod for Apolyton Pack V2.0!" Mod in German.

Every time when a new Civ is found by me or even when a Civ finds me the Civ is angry because it says that I have troops on their territory(shown in the Diplomacy screen as: "Sie nehmen und übel, dass unsere Truppen einen Teil ihres Territoriums belagern").
    But there are no troops on their territory(they found me!).
    And when I foung them I draw back my troops immediatly. But with no effect...

What´s wrong? What can I do?

Thanks!

Greets!
    HP

Hi, HPR

The English messages were badly worded so it's no surprise that this carried over to the German ones. What they really mean to say is something like "We want you to agree not to trespass on our territory". IIRC, they always mildly dislike you upon contact but agreeing to their proposal helps and you can usually sweeten them up with an immediate gift of 100 gold.

If this doesn't work, it probably means that you've got a war on your hands.

Comment

Yeah this is called very good translation, you will also find this in the original game. Here is the English version of this sentence:

They resent the fact that our nation occupies territory on their continent.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Oops, my mistake. I thought he was talking about a withdraw troops proposal like "We call for the removal of your troops from our country. Nations such as ours should strive to be on good terms." I should read more carefully (and maybe learn German ).

But still, giving them immediate gifts (gold or your map) is a good way to try to make friends.

Comment

or maybe it is just a bug thing 'cause i've seen strange messages in the Diplo screen with my relations to other civ's.
          Things like ' [Civ] are angered by your trade embago' when i never even made one or even went to war with them. I think there are a few others like this but can't remember them now.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Thanks for your answers!

NOW I see more clearly.
            It´s really an translation problem. The english text makes sense("They resent the fact that our nation occupies territory on their continent.": That´s true).
            The translation is rally as bas as my english...:-)

Now to the next problems(it´s the second day of playing):

When I have established a trade route it´s not possible to abandon it without loosing the caravans.
            But the manual says that it should be possible:
            (Again in german... You really should learn it Peter!;-))
            "
            Benutzung eines Handelsweges einstellen
            Wenn Sie an einer anderen Stelle einen neuen Weg einrichten möchten, können Sie jederzeit existierende Wege einstellen, um die Karawanen anderweitig einsetzen zu können. Wählen Sie dazu einfach den Weg aus und klicken Sie auf den Button "Handelsstopp".
            "

Is it possible to see anywhere if you´re really playing a mod?
            I wonder because in this forum there was a statement that a city is revolting with happiness under 75 in SAP(I´m playing GoodMod for Apolyton Pack V2.0!). But my cities stay calm even with 73...
            Or is it because I play difficulty medium?

Greets
            HP

Comment

About the city happiness:

- In the original unmodded game, revolts occur when happiness falls under 73.

- This happiness level was raised to 75 in the Apolyton's Pack.

- Martin has kept the original value of 73 in its GoodMod and thus the GoodMod for the Apolyton Pack v2.0...

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi HPR,
                The first thing to note is that the manual is very bad, you learn most by just playing the game and trying things out!
                I believe you will only get either 1 or half of your caravans back if you disband the trade route.
                If your playing a Mod you will have to have selected it at the begining of running CTP2(In the ModSwapper selection box), so this lets you know what version of CTP2 you are playing.
                As for Happiness of 73, well that's a good level(It does vary from Mod to Mod) - i wouldn't let it get much lower though but you can experiment to see how low you can get it before you have problems.
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Thanks for your answers!
                  A really nice forum here...

@ Tamerlin:
                  I see: GoodMod is a MIX of GoodMod and SAP.
                  I thought before that it is SAP plus more goods...

@ child of Thor:
                  I don´t need the bad manual I have the experts here...

When I disband a trade route of one caravan this caravan is gone.
                  I´ll try it with more caravans later...

I just wondered if the mod really worked because of the thing with the happiness.

I experimented: 73 is okay. 72: RIOT!

Greets!
                  HP

Comment

Originally posted by HPR
                    @ Tamerlin:
                    I see: GoodMod is a MIX of GoodMod and SAP.
                    I thought before that it is SAP plus more goods...
                    You are right, the GoodMod is more than that...

The Super Apolyton Pack 2.0 is correcting many bugs of the original game and adds new settings to strengthen the AI... the SAP 2.0 is more or less what CtP2 should have been. Martin's GoodMod on the contrary is introducing much more changes beyond the obvious Goods. Through SLIC programming and modifications of many text files (like strategies.txt, orders.txt... ) Martin has strenthen again the AI. The AI Civs will thus build different things including more units and will use them better.

Rather than a mix of the two mods I would rather say that this is really improving the SAP 2.0 with GoodMod features.
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I like this mod!
                      Maybe because I´m winning my first game...
                      At medium level but afterwards I´ll try a more difficult one.

I think that it was the right decision to use this mod and not to start with the default game.

Greets
                      HP

Comment

Guys don't forget to rate all the wonderfull stuff in the Apolyton Directory.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

SIR, YES, SIR!
                          ;-)

Wird natürlich sofort erledigt...

Comment

Goodmod really is an improvement and different from SAP. In my current game I've been invaded two times by water rutes, once with a 9 stack and once with a 3 stack. Since we're still using coracles, this means that the AI build 9 ships and got 9 units into them, sent them across the water to my shores. This never happened before, not even in SAP2. This is no fluke, since I saw the Zulu invade Indonesia with a 5 stack.

So very nice work Martin
                            "Between nations, as between persons, respect for each other's rights is peace".- Benito Juárez.

Comment

Working...
                            X