Newbie Question about War Discontent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question about War Discontent

How do you get rid of war discontent? I know that may sound like a dumb question, but I have a game where I have peace treaties with every other power, yet each city still has a "-6 War Discontent" in the status box. I just switched to a Democracy, so this is a serious problem. Before I switched governments, I had just concluded a big war with one AI power, but I made sure I had peace treaties with everyone before switching.

What to do? Does it go away over time? Do I need a smaller military? I tried switching military readiness to the peace setting, but that didn't seem to work.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Doug

Make sure your units are inside cities and (more importantly, I think) descrease the size of your army.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well in CTP2 you will get alot of things that will cause unhappiness in your cities. If you don't want to weaken your army too much(and Democracy gives greater penalties to fielding large armies), one thing i do is make sure i build all the happiness improvements i can to offset some of the larger penalties.
      Also you can mess around with the ammount of food/work hours/gold(pay) you give the people in your empire.
      These things won't change your war discontent directly, but as this effects overall happiness in your cities it's possible to control this by these methods. At the end of the day you don't want your cities revolting.
      So play around with these things and keep an eye on city happiness to get the balance you need. This way you won't have to worry too much about the war discontent you currently have(It will go down with time if you don't attack anyone again soon), fudge the books - Its what all good governments do
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I'll try both of your ideas. Thanks very much!

-Doug

Comment

As soon as they are available build the "Movie Theaters", the "Movie Theatre" reduces the War Discontent penalty in the city it is built in.
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Alternativly you can also use entertainers.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Placing your armies in fortresses helps alot
              Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

What are all these 'fortresses' I keep hearing about? Are they the fortification improvement that you can place anywhere? It seems to me that they would put a defender at a disadvantage if they were lost than at an atvantage....

Lars

Comment

Yes its the fortification tile improvement. I think the trick to them is building several of them so they can support each other. But yes if you lose enough of them i imagine it can be a problem.
                  Allways vote banana, its high in potassium!

Comment

Working...
                  X