Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Poll: should we disband Magdeburg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As this city is toooooooooo far away, I think we should get rid of it. For placing a new one, THAT is a good question.

But the spot near the grapes wouldn't be to bad.

But again, this is only about, if we want to disband the city and I think Yes, We won't be able to defend the city, it isn't big enough that we could really defend it, so it would be better to disband and benefit the most out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamerlin
      The final use of the settler should be discussed in a Turn Chat though suggestions from the citizens are welcomed and will be given proper attention.
      Actual why waiting for a turn chat, you can discuss it in the forums before the chat, you can poll about it, in this way more people have the chance to decide about it.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Actual why waiting for a turn chat, you can discuss it in the forums before the chat, you can poll about it, in this way more people have the chance to decide about it.

-Martin
        2nd you But you have any good suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
          2nd you But you have any good suggestion?
          WELL SO far as I can see we have three possibilities now:

1st: Move the Settler West from Magdeburg and fill there the space of unclaimed land with a city. Disadvantage the new city is very close to the German border like Magdeburg it is now.

2nd: Move the settler West and disband it in one of our cities, we could use it to compensate the population lost in Wombatoon. So the Germans have to pay. Well the disadvantage would be a further way, but the settler would be much saver there.

3rd: We could move it far to the South, well that is the riskiest suggestion, as we have no idea what is in the South right now, from a small glance on the map I got the suspicion the Germans illegally settled a city there.

So we don't know their troop strength there.

Well, the Western spott looks like a good spot for a new city but with the German threat Wombatoon is the save alternative.

So it is now up to Tamerlin to do an OFFICIAL poll about the issure.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            Actual why waiting for a turn chat, you can discuss it in the forums before the chat...
            Discussing about it is exactly what we are doing Martin and I have already said that the suggestions from the citizens are welcomed and would be studied with great care. Yours, by the way, are sensible ones and one of your proposals will certainly be adopted.

...you can poll about it, in this way more people have the chance to decide about it.
            Yes, I could poll about the use of our future settler but the constitution does not require me to do so as the "Minister of Domestic Affairs is ultimately responsible for settlers, choosing site for new cities and moving these units to this site."

I was required to post an Official Poll before we could disband Magdeburg and this has been done. The use of our new Settler is bound to the current situation, our war against Austria and now with Germany and our explorers in the south. An official poll would, IMO, be too constraining, should I post a poll it would be an Information Gathering one.

I would prefer to take the decision during a Turn Chat because all the ministers are here, or are represented, because all the citizens attending the Chat can also give their opinion (and you know that they are listened) and because this is also the only moment when we can clearly assess the said situation and act in accordance with it. This is also a way to value the participation of the citizens that are taking the time to attend the Turn Chats.

I will think about the necessity of posting a poll but if I have a clear opinion on the way we should use this settler after having thouroughly studied the map once again (and with your proposals in mind) I won't poll about it.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

the decision should fall in the turnchat. Because we dont really know whats going on in the north, there may have been already settled another city or armys come along.We should see what happen in the next turnchat.
              Basicly i prefer a new city.

Greetings

huhahu

Comment

Working...
              X