AMENDMENT: Increasing the nomination period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMENDMENT: Increasing the nomination period

Pedrunn has suggested this one two weeks ago and it failed because of the then valid quorum. I'm also adding a word to make the meaning clearer - the nomination has to be done by oneself.

Change:
    "At the start of the election process, the Court must start a nomination thread. All citizens who wish to be candidates for an office must publicly express their nomination in this thread. For this they have three days."

to new:
    "At the start of the election process, the Court must start a nomination thread. All citizens who wish to be candidates for an office must themselves publicly express their nomination in this thread. For this they have five days."

This amendment needs 7 votes in favour and more in favour than against in order to pass. The poll will be open till April 26th 1630GMT.
    Yes
    85.71%
    No
    14.29%
    abstain
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

This one is clear and I aggree to both little changes. The first word is a clarification, but it is always better if noone has to guess and the second one does make sense as we can see.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

why 5? if we change it lets make it 7.

Comment

I voted no.

And before people are starting to at me, I shortly explain why:

1.) Will it increase the number of nominations? Doubtfull
        2.) Will it change anything for the problem we are having? Doubtfull

I know it sounds to pessimistic, but I don't think that changing the period will change the outcome............

Plus as Zaphod mentioned, then we should make it one week/7days........

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
          I voted no.

And before people are starting to at me, I shortly explain why:
          Well it is no problem if you don't share the opinion of the others, you have the right on free speech.

Unfortunatly this AMENDMENT failed, not because of more No then Yes Votes, but because of the lack of voters.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            Unfortunatly this AMENDMENT failed, not because of more No then Yes Votes, but because of the lack of voters.

-Martin
            Unfortunately Poly was down for 2 days of the voting period! Anyone going to put it up again? Pedrunn? (not me again)

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi

Unfortunately Poly was down for 2 days of the voting period! Anyone going to put it up again? Pedrunn? (not me again)
              We cant get this working can we. Zaphod is trying a third time here
              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
              Kill all and you are a God!"
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
              X