Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: What should we do, if the Austrians offer a cease fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL: What should we do, if the Austrians offer a cease fire?

The question should be clear I think that it is possible that they offer a cease fire. In such a situation I don't have any orders, so I ask the Lemurian people, what they think about it. The poll is open for five days, because I think they won't offer it too soon, but if they offer it next turn I have to halt the game. Please discuss first if you don't have any idea now, the given time should be enough to come to a conclusion.

Vote Accept, if you think we should accept their offer and should end the war.

Vote Reject, if you think we should reject their offer and should continue the war.

Vote Abstain, if you don't know for what to vote.

This poll is closed on 13-03-2003 22:07 GMT according the clock of Apolyton.

-Martin
    Accept
    36.36%
    Reject
    63.64%
    Abstain
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

This question is a tricky one. IMO we should accept a cease fire as we need to concentrate on the internal development of our empire now we have conquered new cities. But I think we should not sign a cease fire before we have taken Linz from the Austrians beacause we would have a very difficult frontier to defend in the future without this strategical point.

I vote "Accept" though I would not before Linz is conquered.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Reject. We need to keep this war going at least until the conquer of Linz, Troppau and Wiens.
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

I remember when once we were a peacful and loving nation. I want the Glory days back. and the austrians are getting weak while we do not grow strong. Build infrastructure and the road network.

Aggree
        All rise of the honourable Miggio, for 2 months at least.

Comment

Originally posted by miggio
          I remember when once we were a peacful and loving nation.
          yuck
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

So far it looks the Minister of Diplomacy, Science and Trade can toss a coin, if the Austrians offer an cease fire.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Rule 1: Reject
              Rule 2: Reject
              Rule 3: If the above fail, revert to rule 1.

Comment

No cease fire yet, we still have to grow!!
                And the only way to do (in the moment) is at the expense of Austria.

Comment

I know I’m breaking ranks with the APP on this one , but since we’ve started, we might as well see it through. Well, at least until we have Linz and Wiens (and maybe Troppau).
                  If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Devil of Truth
                    I know I’m breaking ranks with the APP on this one [/QUOTE

don't be afraid comrade, thats exactly what i said in my speech for the last elections, ( http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...1&pagenumber=2 ) we want peace, but a secure and safe one, not a peace that will only be a small pause for austrians and ourselves to build new troops.

Comment

Working...
                    X