No announcement yet.

Lemuria Café II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHHHHHHH!!!!! Too many official polls!!!
    Last edited by H Tower; March 9, 2003, 11:20.

Comment

• Hey folks. How goes life in Lemuria?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Big brother watching us?

Looks like SA is on of the first ones becoming a big brother? Or is it the right step?

Espacially DoT's view would be interresting

Comment

• Thanks Gilg.

Not really news down here though. Our large cities and towns have had cameras for years. A policeman on every corner. Reality TV rules! We’re a very liberal people, and we don’t want to deny our criminals their right to appear on TV . Besides, it’s so much fun watching our boys in blue shove their useless mugs into police vans seconds after their fleeting moments of infamy.

Don’t know if it’s fair to call Jo’burg a "war zone" though. I used to live there, and I only got shot/raped/burgled/mugged about 17 times . (If you wish to believe foreign press statistics.) In RL, I don’t know of anybody in any of the above categories.
          If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

• DoT,

As you have seen it is from the times. I must say when I read it I was a big surprised about how they wrote it, terms like warzone and so on........ SA is maybe not the safest country, but from what I heard it is fairly safe in Jo'burg. But also depends on your 'colour' and in which area you were at the time (at least what I heard).

It is sad that you can't even 'trust' anymore the times, which was fairly neutral till now.

Do they actually transmit the 'dumbest' criminals filmed via the cameras? Could be fun, you might even not need to punish them

According to statistic I should have already been killed 5 times in car-accidents (I did ~300.000 km by now).

Comment

• Found a nice game (even for in between and completly legal to download):

[url=http://www.horizont-entertainment.de]http://www.horizont-entertainment.de[url]

follow for battlelords to download/view.

The AI isn't so great, but it is some fun. Available in English. SO don't be afraid

Quite old graphics, so don't say I didn't warned you! Reminded me a bit of CIV 1.

Comment

• Interesting game Gilg . Obviously, not quite up to Civ’s or CTP’s standards, but a worthy distraction.

Why do I get the feeling that the participation in this DG is slowing ? And if so, what can we do to get it back up? Any comments? Any thoughts?

Where’s the barman? Frozzy! Let’s see if we can get his attention:
                The Waikato Chiefs S*CK!

Comment

• Maybe I shouldn't have posted the link, that might be why people so distracted?

We are supposingly 50+ citizens, but only a handful is playing

And no, I don't have any solution/suggestion for it..........

Comment

• Off the top of my head, I don’t think the real number of players in this DG exceeds 20. Most of the rest are posers . I haven’t seen polls or votes or anything from most of them. Sure it’s nice to say we have fifty+ signed up, but shouldn’t they at least participate in order to get the CTP2 DG icon underneath their details? Surely it should mean something more than just the ability to click the join link often?

And no Gilg, I don’t think it’s the game.

Comment

• I think with 20 you already reached to high. I think 12 matches more

You want to say, you didn't like it

It is nice for in between, though and it runs on 'any' PC

Comment

• Off the top of my head I think think of the following poeple as more or less active posters (and presumably voters) in this DG (in random order):

Pedrunn
                        mapfi
                        Martin Guehmann
                        Gilgamensch
                        Immortal Wombat
                        Devil of Truth
                        J Bytheway
                        H Tower
                        Locutus
                        Frozzy
                        (Mr Baggins - recently retired)
                        Tamerlin
                        Zaphod Beeblebrox
                        Huangshang
                        miggio
                        child of Thor
                        Turambar
                        Maquiladora
                        iskallin

That's 19 people, but I'm sure I've forgotten 1 or 2. Add to that occassional posters like Oerdin, medio, Dale, Zacharov, etc and maybe a few lurkers (who vote but don't post), and you have 20-30 (more or less) active participants. The other half of the CivGroup does indeed not 'deserve' to carry around the CivGroup logo...
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• The Waikato Chiefs S*CK!
                          Looks like the maid has dosed you with food poisoning too

Say, DoT, what team are you rooting for this year?

Comment

• There should be some automatic cleansing in civgroups, people who haven't posted for 1 or 2 months would automatically unsubscribe all of them. And we still would like civgroup-member-only-voting. It's time a few others than me, Frozzy and Locutus voiced there continuing interest here:

Comment

• I've (once again) asked Markos to look into the member-only voting and I've also asked him and Gramphos to comment on automatic cleansing. That's all I can do, I'm afraid (more people complaining to Markos *does* help, so by all means make your voice heard!)
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• But what about MP civgroups? Do you get kicked from those groups if you dont post in the respective MP forum or is it selective for each civgroup, for example the DG groups?
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X