No announcement yet.

Lemuria Café II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just, that most of the time, it get's late No, early till we finish and as again most of the time, I'll finish lateearly on Saturday, besides Friday, I do not like to stay to long up on Sunday.............

Comment

• I'm flexible in that i'm only here on Apolyton while at work which can be any day any hour(!). Predicting if i'm going to have time to pop in is a different matter, and the main reason i can't really volunteer for any government positions
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• CoT,

That's the same situation for me, I access the web from work. Why do think I always tried to push for an earlier start. Finishing work, going home, eat, come back...............

Comment

• Provided I am warned rather early I can be available the afternoon from monday to friday (though no later than 17:00 GMT the Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)... Saturday afternoon are not possible (final phases of the french Rugby Championship) and so is the Sunday afternoon...
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• i can make it tonight or saturday and sunday if not to late (exams exams) but in a few days school will be finished so i can be everytime
            When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

• Going for Sunday again. 1830 GMT (1930 BST) as usual. I'm sorry but I just can't make it earlier.

Exams come ever closer, so this will almost certainly be the last turn chat I can host.

Comment

• I might be there

Although, I still would prefer earlier................

Comment

• Forgot to post this earlier: the chat server will be online tomorrow evening (heck, probably all day).

BTW, John, you done downloading those files? Can I remove them again?
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                    BTW, John, you done downloading those files? Can I remove them again?
                    Yes

Comment

• Edit: nevermind, wrong Zaphod... didn't know we had more than one...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Is there anybody out there?

The CtP2 DG is slowly coming to a halt and nobody cares!

Is there a citizen out there who would be kind enough to tell us what is going wrong or what would encourage him to come back to the DG?
                        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Well Tamerlin i'll hazard a guess.
                          It seems that a lot of people have got exams coming up and would be main participants just don't have the time to spare.
                          Then you've got a very few people like me who browse apolyton at work and just can't schedule any commitment to the DG beyond voting in polls ,posting from time to time and maybe making the odd chat if we are online at the time.
                          Thirdly i've got a long-shot theory that as most of the ctp2 community are modders and programers, the DG is taking up so much of their time that they are not finding the time to do what they enjoy most.
                          And my final theory is that as ctp2 is not a 3D rts it's just not popular with the kids(or publishers)
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• well, it was a small community from the beginning.
                            some people were scared away by the loads of bureaucracy a dg needs (as any rl-democracy) and maybe decided they better spent their freetime playing games of their own (or multiplayer or...).

the long standstill of the whole game during march/april might have done a lot to scare away the rest.

as cot said most active citizens are also the people who write the mods, scenarios, andso on which make ctp2 such a great game. of course some people are learning for their exams (perhaps i should do so as well )

in my personal case my time devoted to the dg gets less and less because i have to work much more nowadays (in the evening/night european time, when most turnchats take place) and because i have even more political obligations in rl than i had 2 months before, which might even increase.

i'm not sure, but maybe the time has come to realize that this dg has died already :sad:

Comment

• i'm not sure, but maybe the time has come to realize that this dg has died already :sad:
                              This is indeed a sad perspective Zaphod but it seems so close to the truth...

It's a pity because the Turn Chats are fun to play...

Comment

• John, as you are still President of the DG, don't you think we should organize another Turn Chat?

I am available Thirsday, Sunday (though I would prefer another day) and monday of the next week...

Comment

Working...
                                X