UNOFFICIAL: Who should choose temporary ministers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNOFFICIAL: Who should choose temporary ministers

There are situations (resignation, impeachment) where a temporary minister can be appointed, but who should choose? Note that I refer only to members of the executive branch here.

In the drafting of the current constitution it was decided (without much discussion) that the other ministers should choose. However, they might have trouble agreeing, and possibly this decision should be left to the Court, who are more likely to come to a swift decision, or the President (though that will cause problems if it is a temporary President who is required).

Edit: Sorry - I reread the con, and in fact the court do choose at the moment. I was confusing it with the result in case of tied elections .
    The other ministers
    0.00%
    The Court
    77.78%
    The President
    11.11%
    Abstain
    11.11%
    Last edited by J Bytheway; January 15, 2003, 15:52.

I favour the court.

Comment

It depends how long "temporary" is. If a minster resigns early on in the term (and is not able to return) e.g. in the first two weeks for example then the citizens should be able to vote in a replacement.

Other than that the court should decide being the only independant group from those options.
      Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Temporary means until another is elected, and that will usually occur "as soon as possible".

Comment

IIRC, it is the court who decides

Comment

Yes, I noticed that too. Hence the edit in the first post. Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
            X