Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shall officials appoint their own delegates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall officials appoint their own delegates?

As the title is saying, this threat is, were we can discuss if/how/if_not/....../whatever a delegate is selected.

I start first and say that each official shall appoint a delegate of his own choice, so long the delegate doesn't object.......

Yes, they can appoint as many deputies/delegates/vice-minsters as they want IMHO, but in the end, the Ministers are responsible, so if one of his deputies screws up, his own ass is on the line (naturally the deputy will have to agree)...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

if people are planning on having delegates, we would have to write them into the constitution...

And what about giving the deputies the game file?

Comment

They should only get 'access' if the prime isn't available, at least my opinion....

Comment

looks like nobody has any objection about the delegate system

Comment

And what about giving the deputies the game file?

I thought everyone would have access to the game file?
            Or is the Government already planning on hiding information from the People!
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

The government is never hiding information, it is us to be far toooooooo stupid to find/understand it

And don't forget:

Power corrupts

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                if people are planning on having delegates, we would have to write them into the constitution...
                Agreed. A minister should have as many deputies etc. as required and the minister should remain accountable for their actions… but… I don’t think this needs to go into our beloved constitution. Wouldn’t that just be like complicating a ham sandwich?
                If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

We like it complicated, why do you think we have different laywers for different subjects

Comment

Yeah I hear you. * DoT divulges that he’s just a little impatient and wants this DG game to start real soon! *

Comment

lets leave the delegates out for right now, and see if there is a need for them after a month

Comment

We already have the right of access of the game file in the bill of rights. And it seems like people accept that (no objections...)

As for the delegates, personally I don't like the idea of unelected people deciding for a minister. However, I don't think it'd make such a difference since the minister is the one that selects those delegates. So if anyone can't handle the workload or needs a representative at a turnchat I rather have him appoint a deputy than the president make the decisions. So it'd be better to include a little line saying that ministers may hand their powers to a deputy in order to prevent arguements of who's got the power to decide a deputy or the president (unless the pres has veto powers, of course)

Comment

I’m with mapfi on this one – simple, elegant solution. One question though: Would the President (or anybody else) be able to overturn the choice of delegate, for whatever valid reason?

Comment

we never thought about that, in fact, the constitution doesn't even cover delegates, i guess we need to write an amendment even before the constitution is finished

Comment

I thought delegates were replacements and helpers subordinated by the minister. Therefore I dont think there is need to mention delegates. At best we could talk about temporary replacements chosen by the minister in the executive branch article.
                              But this delegate or replacement would still be subordinated by the elected minister no matter what happens still in case of replacements the minister has to take responsibily for all of his action.

Am i having a different concept of delegates?
                              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                              Kill all and you are a God!"
                              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                              X