Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many consecutive terms a citizen should able to run to the same officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many consecutive terms a citizen should able to run to the same officer?

This is a recent debate in our thread and one of the crucial ones. It is agreed that a citzen can be in a government as many times as he wants.
    But one thing that is dividing the debate is the consecutive times that someone can run in the same government position.
    if the number of consective turns has ended the citizen will be allowed to run in others governement positions. And in the next or other terms the citizen will be allowed to run in this government position again.

Here are some comments about it so far:
    Originally posted by Locutus
    3 makes sense to me. Two is more like real life American democracy,
    (...)
    It's unlimited in the Netherlands and IIRC 3 in Belgium
    Originally posted by Gilgamensch
    unlimited terms............ Why should we limit it?
    Originally posted by Pedrunn
    i do think we must limit the number of consecutive terms of a citizen.
    Two or Three consecutive times is really ok for me but try picturing a single citzen in the government in the same position during four times or more!
    (...)
    if the number of consective turns has ended the citizen will be allowed to run in others governement positions if not the same. And this cycle is a good thing for our democracy.
    So how many consecutive times can a citizen run for the same government position?
    Two!
    5.88%
    Three!
    17.65%
    Four!
    11.76%
    Five!
    5.88%
    Unlimited!
    52.94%
    Abstain!/Dont Care!
    5.88%
    Last edited by Pedrunn; November 12, 2002, 22:55.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Two sounds good, but then again it matters how much participation is present... So now I'm reconsidering my vote. Maybe 2 for president, and more for the ministers?

Comment

i think 4 or 5 is good, that way people have to eventually play a different part, but the level of participation isn't taxed too much

Comment

Seconding H Tower.

Comment

I go with unlimited,

if we think somebody is doing a good job, why shouldn't he be able to run again for the same position..... Doesn't make sence for me.

And espacially: Unlike in real world we have the power

nobody can force us to stay with the same person, we can always vote him away

Comment

Thirding H Tower but voted 3 since that had 2 votes already and is thus better competition for Unlimited (using H Tower's argument almost any number but unlimited will do)
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

These poll results shouldn't be taken too literelly, since there are 4 options for limited terms, and 1 against limited terms...so if the total of the limited terms is more then the unlimited turns vote, then i think terms should be limited/
              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I guess it should be a Limited X Unlimited rather than this way
                Or not?
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Yes, I think the limited choices can just be lumped together when compared to unlimited. If a majority votes for unlimited, we go for unlimited, if a majority votes for limited, we go for the most popular of the limited choices (and 3 sounds good to me, I suggested it in the first place ). Right now, limited is winning (but only by 1 vote; edit2: now it's a draw ).
                  Last edited by Locutus; November 14, 2002, 10:37.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

No, unlimited................. Their will be a dinasty.............

Comment

Well I think the judges will be unlimited, if only because they serve 3 month terms, and if the can only get elected for 3 terms, that's 9 months!

If elected and re-elected judge, I promise not to keel over and die from old age

Comment

Only if they will be doing a good job, otherwise: HIRE and FIREEEEEEEEE (at least kind of )

You should keep your phrase for the election period, maybe someone will decide to vote for you, because of this

Comment

Looks the majority chose unlimited
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

it won't be that bad pedrunn, and besides, most people use the cabinet positions as a stepping stone towards the presidency (going on what i've seen from the Civ2 game). So there will still be turnover.

Comment

In such a case as this forum (in which all people is possible to think for themselves) i think the choice of the majority is much better than the choice of one person. So i will accept this poll result even though it was not my choice.

So viva la majority. viva la democracy! :b

still (I am trully more sad about other poll resuslts like the impeach thing)
                              Last edited by Pedrunn; November 18, 2002, 06:10.
                              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                              X