Map Setting Finalization: Number of Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Setting Finalization: Number of Civs

Time to decide on the map settings. See this thread for more introduction crap

See the Civs poll, distribution of votes:

7: 1
    8: 2
    9: 1
    10: 3
    11: 2
    12: 5
    13: 0
    14: 3
    15: 3
    16: 1
    20: 2
    20+: 2

Keep in mind we'll almost certainly be playing a Gigantic map. 12 got the most votes, 11 the most votes including neighbouring votes (12 and 15 are shared second). Median is 12. 40% voted for 10-12, 28% for 14-16. Based on this all, 11 or 12 seems to make the most sense. If 12 is rejected in this poll, we would have to hold a poll with only 11 and 15 as options.
    Yes
    87.50%
    No
    6.25%
    Abstain
    6.25%
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

I have a doubt! Can someone explain if it is 12 civs (human + Brab + 10 AI) or some other distribution?
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

12 = 1 human + 11 AIs. It doesn't include the Barbarians (as I explained in the original thread). It's the userprofile.txt value, if that helps...

Comment

I originally voted for 10 civs but as I already stated a slighly higher number is also ok, therefore my vote is Yes.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

10 would be perfect but i am afraid we can have a 15 with a run-off poll therefore i will save my vote for later.
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

I missed voting in this poll, but suppose it would have been irrelevant as I would prefer as many civs as possible anyway, and for two reasons 1st). obviously being the challenge, and 2nd). our modern world has some 140 or more sovereign nations now, and that leaves room for a lot of difference in opinion.
            But! I suppose 15 would work.
            Where there's a whip, there's a way.; Tolkien "the Hobbit"

Comment

Isn't it 200+ Nations? At least according to the latest FIFA Soccer Rankings

Comment

Originally posted by redbull
                Isn't it 200+ Nations? At least according to the latest FIFA Soccer Rankings
                Yes there are nations like Scottland, Wales or England. If I remember correctly there are something like 180 - 190 countries on the wolrd, today. So nations != countries.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

What Martin said. Add to that things like the Dutch Antilles and the US Virgin Islands and you can easily get 200+ 'nations'. The UN currently has 191 members though (Switzerland being the youngest member). The 140 number would have been roughly accurate 25-30 years ago, but times are achanging...

Comment

I agree, let's get the ball rolling...

Comment

let's make a new challenge for the Computer and let's try to play 200+ nations

I am playing on my good old one with 15, quite OK by the way, but as soon as someone (mostly me) builds the nice wonder, one turn takes ages

Yeah OK, I am running on 300 MHz AMD K6 with 64 Mb SD-Ram, but isn't so bad.............

Comment

Working...
                      X