Map Setting Finalization: Continentality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Setting Finalization: Continentality

Time to decide on the map settings. See this thread for more introduction crap

See the Continentality poll, distribution of votes:
    4: 5
    7: 5
    8: 4
    9: 2
    10: 3

So 74% voted for 7-10. Median is 7 but close to 8 (1 more 8+ vote required to make it 7.5). 8 has the highest number of 'neighbouring votes'. This is a tricky one as strictly speaking 7 might on basis of median but but an overwhelming majority voted for a high value, so the votes for 4 are not representative for the majority, making 8 a better choice. Fortunately, if 8 is rejected in this poll, we would have no alternative but to hold a poll with only 4 and 7 as options (with probably an predictable outcome).
    Yes
    91.67%
    No
    8.33%
    Abstain
    0.00%
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Locutus, same as in the other thread, wrong link

Comment

Uhm, little late, aren't you? I fixed that link 20 minutes ago... or are you talking about something else (if so, could you be more specific)?
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Eight is the best option for sure!
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

If I remember correctly even on the low levels of continentality you get huge continents and in order to have a certain rhole of the naval aspect of the game I have to reject here.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Though, I'd like to have naval warfare... we know that that won't happen, so 8 will work.

Comment

Working...
            X