Newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper

I think we should have a group of people to write a newspaper 2x a month, or 1x a month, to show the developments in Lemuria, or Apolytonia, or what ever. It could be used for propaganda (a big weapon in history), opinions (Peasants revolt, slaves uprising) and other, miscellanious stuff.

I think it would add to the spice, and would allow for the game to be more historically challenged. The newspaper would be used by all in exactly the same way as todays tabloids are. (So the editor may have bias to the left or right)

How does it sound?

I think everyone would welcome a newspaper - the only problem is finding (a) volunteer(s) to put it together. Are you volunteering?

Comment

Another idea would be if everyone could submit to the newspaper articles so that it wouldn't be too much bias in the one or other direction, of course the single articles would be very bias.

If not then I should start my own newpaper in order to distribute my propaganda.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I would suggest 1 or 2 news editors, and let everyone be able to submit news articles to them (through a PM), and then publish the newspaper once a week, or twice a month if there aren't enough articles.
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Why not 2 newspapers? It would be competitive, and may affect the outcome of elections:

eg:

X News is more popular than Zoom News

X supports the Banana Party, Zoom supports the Grapes. Neither will allow their opposite party to publish.

Banana will get more publicity, and will be more popular.

Comment

Or/and we could open a news board thread where everyone could post his own propaganda, like posters, slogans and so on...

-Martin

Comment

Or/and we could open a news board thread where everyone could post his own propaganda, like posters, slogans and so on...

-Martin

/me likes

There would have to be certain format on how things must be posted, to prevent spam.
              Something like:
              Type (recuitment, or news)

Title
              Link/Source (if any)
              Author

Article

Link (where to react to the article)
              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

My idea was that everyone can post his own propaganda, so in most cases there wouldn't be a link to react, but if we do it with the links then this thread would be a table of content of all propaganda threads in this forum, maybe also a good idea, of course if a item is posted no one is allowed to post this item again, that would be spam.

-Martin

Comment

not a bad idea...

if you want someone to do a news edition, i already do one in the ACDG...there's no reason why i can't do another.

Comment

The reason of the link would be to only keep articles in the thread, so it won't get filled with an discussion about one article/propaganda.
                    The link could refer to the PM of the poster, or to the ctp2 equivelant of the Rec Commons (offtopic thread) if you don't expect many responses.

Comment

I think we sould have a CNN style newsreel. Basically, any Joe Bloggs from the street can hand in an article, the editor will cut/paste/mutate the article, the slap it on the newspaper thread. Of course, only editors can post on the thread, but updates will be all the time.

Perhaps have a group of three who are in charge of the thread, and write opinions/articles, as well as pasting ones recieved in PMs

Comment

Okay. 2 "Government Owned" (in inverted commas as they are owned by "unbias" editors) threads: A NewsReel (Staff only posting) and a NewsBoard (anyone can post).

The former is more formal, and has more important events, the latter is for Tea Party invites, and Advertisements.

Should I start the threads as soon as we choose a name?

Comment

Also, we can have "Non-Government Owned" Tabloids, and News Papers, with a mixture of the two above.

Comment

I don't see why not, but there shouldn't be so many that all the important threads drop off to the 2nd page.

Comment

I'm just going to have 2. Newsreel and Bulletin Board.

Comment

Working...
                              X