No announcement yet.

So, when we will start the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 days for debate lemmy? i think that the candidates should debate during the five days of elections.

Comment

just an estimate
      but i definitely don't think it should be during the elections, i wouldn't want to vote while i don't know what the candidate stands for yet.
      And especially at the beginning, we still need to figure what will be the voting issues, and how we will play the game.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Anyone who comes to the Dutch Apolyton meet on Nov 22 in Utrecht can be in
        i'm thinking about it, but i guess i'll prefer goint to my own birthdayparty that day arty:

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
          but i definitely don't think it should be during the elections, i wouldn't want to vote while i don't know what the candidate stands for yet.
          you could always campaign after you've nominated yourself

Comment

you could always campaign after you've nominated yourself

Here's how i think it should happen:
            Nominations
            Debating/Campaign
            Voting (hte actual election)

I suppose people can still nominate even if the debates have started, but not when the voting has started.
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Well, looks like elections can normally be run in a single round rather the the previously presumed 2 rounds. So with 2 days for nominations and 5 days for elections, elections will last exactly one week. I think that's nice.

As far as debates go, once the nomination phase is over, debate *and* voting can start. Some of us only come here once or twice a week and won't have time to read/wait for elaborate debates and will want to vote right away. Those of us who come here on a daily basis can await the debates first and only vote on day 4 or 5 of the elections. So I propose that debates take place on the first 3-4 days of the voting period. I think that would work fine, but I'm open for other ideas. The only thing that I think is really important is that the whole election period doesn't take up more than 9 or 10 days, that's already pretty long if you ask me, at least assuming 1 month terms (of which I am strongly in favour).
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
              X