So, when we will start the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, when we will start the game?

This is the first time I played a DemoGame, and I'm wondering when we will start our empire. When do polls end, what things do we have to do before ignition etc.
    Civ3 PtW Democracy Game info: (links work only for Roleplay-team members)
    Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, member of the Roleplay-team, Owner of the tavern Iberian Delight, Pro 1 Activist {Click here}.

i'm thinking it won't be untill December if we want to start on the first of a month, there has to be nominations, debates between the nominated, and finally elections, this could easily take a month.
    Perhaps we can use this thread to set up a schedule?

If we count back from dec 1st, i think we could use 5 days for election, 10 days for debates, and another 5-10 for nominations.
    Then the nominations would have to be opened before nov 10th.
    That would also mean that the Minister jobs should also be defined by then, so that peopl know what they're nominating themselves for.
    Maybe we could have a draft constitution ready by..uhm...nov 5th?
    Then a 5-day poll about it, which it will pass off course, then nomination can start on the 10th right on time.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Cant we just Close the game settings. Finish the constitution. Have the ellections. And start a game???
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

That's what I was thinking......
        Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Thirding Pedrunn here...

No reason to start on any specific date, as far as I'm concerned (1st or any other day of the month)

*shameless plug* Dutch posters go here */shameless plug*
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
            Cant we just Close the game settings. Finish the constitution. Have the ellections. And start a game???
            We should do that. The game settings polls don't really need to be open any longer. And if we have decided what ministries there will be in the first term (have we, btw?) we can open a thread where people can sign up to join the election.
            Civ3 PtW Democracy Game info: (links work only for Roleplay-team members)
            Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, member of the Roleplay-team, Owner of the tavern Iberian Delight, Pro 1 Activist {Click here}.

Comment

with starting the first of the month is easy to remember....it isnt needed......a lot dutch posters in this thread....gaaf!
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

It will still probably take at least 2 weeks to finish the Constitution, so we won't be starting before that. I'll start confirmation poll on some of the map/game settings soon, but as long as the Constitution still needs a lot of work, we don't really have to rush to make decisions there.

DBTS,
                Yup, all 4 of 'em After Americans and British, we're actually the largest nationality in this DG (we should start our own Dutch nationalist party ). That's why I provided the link to this thread

Comment

So I'll probably have to found the Swiss Lemur Party to counterbalance all those Dutch! "SLP" - with me as the only member though...

Comment

well, i'm not dutch, but i live about 3km from the border, and those nice people in the coffeeshop always understand me. do i count in?

Comment

Nationalist parties are not good, I should start a more useful party like the Apolymurian Empire Expansion Party.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Mapfi, I can better you. I’m the only one from an entire freakin’ continent!
                        If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

Martin - Expansion? No, let's just be a humble one city nation! Founding the OCP then gee, that'd be boring!

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi
                            Martin - Expansion? No, let's just be a humble one city nation! Founding the OCP then gee, that'd be boring!
                            Maybe in that case I would have really to start the EAAP. In order to make the OCP very fast obsolete. Or would be in that case the goal of the OCP to offer all of our cities except our capital to our enemies (the primitives) for no good. That wouldn't be my way to bring our high culture to the primitives.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
                              well, i'm not dutch, but i live about 3km from the border, and those nice people in the coffeeshop always understand me. do i count in?
                              Anyone who comes to the Dutch Apolyton meet on Nov 22 in Utrecht can be in

Comment

Working...
                              X