No announcement yet.

DEMOCRACY GAME for CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read a novel about Lemuria, but I have often read this name in various role playing games I own.

What would you think of Lavondyss (it's taken from the wonderful novel of Robert Holdstock Mythago Wood)...
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Lemurs hold a special place in the world of CTP2... My vote is for Lemuria or LemurLand, or the Democratic Union of Lemurs, or The Union of Apolyton Lemurs, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by centrifuge
        Lemurs hold a special place in the world of CTP2... My vote is for Lemuria or LemurLand, or the Democratic Union of Lemurs, or The Union of Apolyton Lemurs, etc. etc.
        I like Lemuria, but I would prefer the name to change with the current government, like :

- Kingdom of Lemuria
        - Lemurian City States
        - Democratic Republic of Lemuria, etc.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My suggestion is:

The Glorious Liberation Of The Peoples Technocratic Republic Of Lemuria By The Combined Forces Of The United Territories Of Apolyton

Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Hexagonia has a nice ring...
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
              SciFi link: http://www.lemuria.net/
              SciFi? Looks like "Fi" to me

I'd suggest Apolemura, but I don't know whether it should be Apolemura, Apolymura or Apolimura. You get the gist of it.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
                Is this little trick still working? Haven't heard of it before.....
                I'm not sure what you mean...

In the link for Lemuria they mentioned also Mu, but didn't know it refered to the same? Always thought those were independend.... But who should know after this time
                AFAIK it is, but I'm by no means an expert...

Did you actually read any of those books?
                I've read some SciFi as well as alternative history books/websites/etc, but not too much - and it was a while ago. I don't know if any of it is mentioned on that webpage (I just picked the first link I could find that in a few sentences explained for the layman what the Lemuria we know from literature is). I'm afraid I don't have much time for reading anymore these days...

IW,
                That link offers only a tiny fraction of all available info on Lemuria, I can assure you it is a subject of SciFi as well as Fi (and according to some potsmokers even Non-Fi)

So far my personal preference for country name goes to 'Lemuria', with the title of the leader being 'Grand Apolyton' (as in the Succession Games)...
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I think Lemuria is the name of an island appearing in the mythology of ancient greece.

Comment

about jazz

Originally posted by Tamerlin

Now it's really getting off-topic and I ask all the apolytoners around here to forgive me, if you are interested we can carry on this talk elsewhere, via e-mail for example.
                    or here http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=65056

Comment

still preferring "republica de las bananas"

but lemuria sounds ok to me as well

Comment

originally posted by Locutus

(check tut_main.slc and the photos on your CtP2 CD as well )
                        Where abouts on the CD and what is there

Why Lemurs ? or should I say Leemurs
                        Oxygen should be considered a drug
                        Tiberian Sun Retro
                        My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                        http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

open ctp2.dat in WinZip, then open the dat files inside that file as jpegs or something, in PSP.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Hi all,

just did a quick count: We have 15 participants by now

Later on is a list of the possible founders

And looks like most people fancy something around Lemuria for a CIV-name :b

So still the same question: Should we get something started to get hammered in stone (no paper yet)? Trying to lure more people into it

List 'sorted' according to posting, it does not give any relevence to the posters.....blablabla.........

SMIFFGIG
                            Mapfi
                            Centrifuge
                            Turambar
                            Maquiladora
                            BulMaster
                            Velociryx
                            Wise Ass
                            Immortal Wombat
                            CoT (Child of Thor)
                            Tamerlin
                            Locutus
                            Gilgamensch
                            Zaphod Beeblebrox
                            Hexagonian

Comment

Yeah lets get something going. I'd really love to see this happen!
                              Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

I have absolutely no experience of Democracy Games or even Succession Games, so where are we supposed to start from ?

May I suggest we use CtP2 modded with the SAP v2.0, I have not played any of the other mods so far ?

though before engaging myself into this adventure, I must say I have a 56k modem and a limited number of hours of connection per month, I won't be able to play 20 hours a week until I get an ADSL connection and/or an unlimited access.

Comment

Working...
                                X