DEMOCRACY GAME for CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I might be interrested as well. BUT, could somebody explain a little bit more in detail what it means
    I followed a little bit on other forums, but never really got the rules together.

And Locutus: Why not 'start' it anyway and see if it grows? We could always hope for the better

As someone said: There will always be sunshine after rain (at least in most places )

Comment

Well each demo game has it's own set of rules so following them is a little difficult from one fora to another is hard.

The idea of a demo game is that a group of people play a game making decisions for one nation as a whole. This is where the rules start to very, as your nation is founded a constitution is set up for how the game is going to be played. In general, you elect leaders who do the actual playing of the game and the rest of the people normally join in on a chat session helping on making these decisions. many isues are discussed from what tech to discover next to weather or not to go to war.

I think it is kinda hard to just jump into a demo game after it has already started so for the most part I agree with the decision to put it off. Most of the rules are discussed early on and oming into the game late means you had no say in what policy would be, at least not untill the next election.
      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

It might be a bit hard to jump on later, but is it not also in a 'normal' nation/state that there are newcomers? (immigrants/newborns....)

Some people might just want to participate as 'subjects' anyway

And wasn't the first CIV not saying: "Build an empire to stand the test of time"

So maybe we should still get it started, at least the discussions how we want to handle what, declaring our constitution and so on...... I think it will take ages anyway..........

Let's see if then more people will participate. We maybe just have to wake them up.......

Comment

well, just count me in.

Comment

To keep it a little bit more on the TOP and anyway

How you all think about getting some discussions started (it will take ages anyway )?

like:

constitution?
            Name of our state/country?
            Which ministers (mmmmmmmmm we haven't discovered burocracy yet , so how can we have ministers????)

map-settings?
            on which MOD, difficulty.......

Com' on, patricipate

Comment

I have already read somewhere the name "Apolytonia", I really find this name wonderful as it suggests a little banana republic such as those found in the 1930-1950's pulp movies.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Apart from the the obvious Apolyton references (such as Apolytonia), something like Lemuria or something would be interesting
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                  ...something like Lemuria or something would be interesting
                  I like the mythological reference...

Btw, though she is not playing the music I usually listen, I'am currently listening to a great saxophonist called Candy Dulfer which I think is one of your compatriot, the record is named "Live in Amsterdam".
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

well, that gets really offtopic, but i can't find a reason why some people think candy dulfer would be an interesting musician. were she a normal looking guy instead of a sexy looking blond woman i doubt you would ever have seen a record of her/him

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
                      well, that gets really offtopic, but i can't find a reason why some people think candy dulfer would be an interesting musician. were she a normal looking guy instead of a sexy looking blond woman i doubt you would ever have seen a record of her/him
                      In my own opinion she is interesting because she is surrounded by very good musicians and because its really unusual to hear a jazz musician playing a really groovy soul music, its even more unusual to hear some soul music played by really good musicians. Actually, I don't care about her physical appearance and it makes me mad to know many great musicians won't have any chance to record their music because they don't have the right appearance.

We can see every day the result of this studio policy, pin-ups or gigolo singing awfully syrupy songs without any interest. But Candy Dulfer should not be discarded simply because she is supposed to be pretty. I'am nor a long time fan nor a big fan of her, I'am rather listening at 1950-1960's classical jazz or very violent rock bands, but I appreciate the quality of the funk she is playing, though some of her tunes are sometimes too "mild" for me she is a good saxophonist surrounded by very good sidemen.

I don't know much of its recordings but I like what she is doing live.

Now it's really getting off-topic and I ask all the apolytoners around here to forgive me, if you are interested we can carry on this talk elsewhere, via e-mail for example.

Comment

I think everyone here calls the country Apolxxxxxx, so shouldn't we use really a different name (even as apolyton grants us the favour of 'hosting' us)?

Lemuria wouldn't be to bad.

By the way Locutus, where have you got it from? Reading SiFi (Perry Rhodan )

Some more suggestions:

Nirvana
                        Walhalla
                        Mur (not sure of the spelling)
                        Atlantis
                        Utopia
                        Future

And Tamerlin: Apologies granted

Comment

Lemuria, a land of vibrant culture, colourful contrasts, and an awful lot of monkey-like nocturnal mammals. I like it.
                          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Just read some post over in the C3DG from people who say they spend 20 hours a week on it and that the game is addictive to a high degree... Are you prepared?
                            As for the game - since we'll have various people thinking of a every little tweak there is to be better in every little aspect of the game anything else than a impossible, marauders game would be a shame - I'd say it'd have to be either cradle or SAP then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
                              By the way Locutus, where have you got it from? Reading SiFi (Perry Rhodan )
                              Read SciFi/alternative history and learn what St Swithin's favourite animal is to find out how I came up with the name Lemuria

SciFi link: http://www.lemuria.net/

St Swithin link: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum35/HTML/000701.html (check tut_main.slc and the photos on your CtP2 CD as well )
                              Last edited by Locutus; October 18, 2002, 04:51.
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Locutus, will do so, but can't reply till monday (haven't got access to the web on weekends no internet at home, signed the d*&^ed contract 2 1/2 years ago and still waiting for )

But if you have a chance and can answer now, I wouldn't have to wait so long

Is this little trick still working? Haven't heard of it before.....

In the link for Lemuria they mentioned also Mu, but didn't know it refered to the same? Always thought those were independend.... But who should know after this time

Did you actually read any of those books?

Comment

Working...
                                X