DEMOCRACY GAME for CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEMOCRACY GAME for CTP2

ahhhh, i hate this forum I just posted a massive thread on DEMOCRACY GAME for CtP2 and it bloody faulted

ANYWAY anyone around here interested in DEMOCRACY game for CtP2, its out for Civ2, Civ3 (thats a smilie that should be there) and SMAC. So why not for CtP2.

I was talking to the guy who set it up for SMAC the other day and he explained to me what it was (didnt know ) and recommended me to make a post here

SO! anyone interested, anyone out there reading these boards but not registered just waiting for this post (I doubt) what do you think
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

I had this in my mind for weeks. I've often been reading the Civ3 Demogame stuff because I think it's a pretty interesting concept.
    The only reason I didn't propose this are:
    the succession games - a valuable other approach to play together that satisfies more because you get to make the decisions on your own
    the involvement such a game demands - that'd keep us freaks from modding

Nevertheless, I think it's a good idea and if you decide to pull this off I'll certainly take part in some way. Might get us some lurkers from other forums too... (oh, how desperate we are! )

Comment

I may get pulled in...

Comment

Sounds great!
        Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Count me in if enough people get involved. Be lucky if we get 10% of the Civ3 *cough* ****e members, but we can still blow it out of the water. I think it should be compulsary that ALL CtP2 regulars and lurkers take part, or else they get restricted.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

count me in too. i'd love to help

Comment

Good concept! I don't have a whole lot of spare time to devote to something like this, but I think it'd be a fascinating experiment. If you're looking for someone to give informal advice or as a sounding board for econ or strat stuff, I'm game for that! Hmmmm....is there an "Outrider" post available in the Demo game?

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I had been thinking of this for a while now as well

I'm game!
                GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

I think it should be compulsary that ALL CtP2 regulars and lurkers take part, or else they get restricted.

I think its a great idea, but I don't know if we have enough people here with enough time to run it properly. It can be quite an investment of time, and even though loads of people might sign up, unless we get 15/20 votes in each poll, it's not really worth it.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

No problemo....just allow multiple voting....

-=Vel=-
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Re: DEMOCRACY GAME for CTP2

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                      ahhhh, i hate this forum I just posted a massive thread on DEMOCRACY GAME for CtP2 and it bloody faulted.......
                      yeah it sukz! but i worked out a work around.....
                      When you post and have to enter your name again to log back in then it takes you to that screen 'not a valid link blah blah' or some such, just hit the back arrow twice in explorer(netscape?) and select 'refresh' button.
                      you should now have recovered your once lost post!!
                      It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's a life saver.

Just don't allow any of the Slic'ers to play DEMOCRACY, CTP2 has too many good projects on-going just now
                      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

...or just copy the whole post to clipboard before you post, in case it fluffs up.

I agree, it might be better after the various tournaments and the slic thingys are finished. (before another crazy slic idea crops up anyway)
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Bump...

Outta sight outa mind and I don't want to see this one fall to the bottom of the fora archives.
                          GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Why not a CTP2 Democracy Game ? If the project has not yet been aborted I'am interested.
                            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yup, this idea was discussed in the Staff Forums a while ago already (long before this thread was started), but for the time being it's not gonna happen as our community is simply too small... I would love to do it but right now, with a community this small (we'll need at least twice the number of people that have responded here so far), it seems doomed to fail...
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X