Science Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Victory

OK. I have been playing this game for a REALLY long time, and I have come to be pretty good at it, BUT, there si ONE thing that I still have not managed to do, and it is probably something VERY simple, so please forgive me for my question: HOW THE HELL DO YOU WIN BY BUILDING THE GAIA CONTROLLER??
    I built more than ten Gaia Controller Cores, more than ten Gaia Power Satellites, and a LOT more than 5 Obelisks. Before all that, I have also built the Solaris Project Wonder.
    I tried building the Components THEN the Solaris Project, and it still didn't ****in work!
    So what am I supposed to do then?

So someone PLEASE help me out here!

Did you cover 60% of the planet with obelisks?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

No waaaay!!

Are you serious?

Oh wow!

I didn't know!

The "Great Library" did not say anything about it, neither did the useless manual!

Wow! Now l can FINALLY win the Sci Victory!

Thx, man! You just lifted a problem that has been bothering me ever since l bought this game!
      I feel free!

Well, I had conquered lots of cities, and I had build tons of obelisks, but I had managed to cover 40% of the world...
      I thought that the more obelisks and satellites you have the faster a certain "process" would be complete so I can "Initiate the Startup Sequence"!

Well anyway, THX man for that help!

TECHEBA-RA

Comment

Here is what it says in the 1_1readme.txt that comes when you install the patch:

How to Win Through Science
        Only a truly advanced and careful leader can master the Science Victory. To succeed you must:
        1) Research 'Gaia Controller'
        2) Complete the Wonder 'The Solaris Project'
        3) Build at least 10 Computer Cores and 10 Gaia Satellites
        4) Cover 60% of the map with Obelisks
        ** This includes ocean area too. You may only build on territory controlled by you or an ally.
        ** Building more Gaia Satellites than the minimum will increase the area of effect of each Obelisk. Max Satellites = 20.
        5) Initiate the Gaia Controller
        6) Hold your cities and Obelisks for 10 turns
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Maquiladora is right, the Science Victory isn't detailed in the rulebook and isn't explained in the Great Library. It is however explained in details in the readme.txt file that should be in your main folder: C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2.

Have fun!
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

this is something that should seriously be added to the GL

as part of the source code project build
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Working...
            X