Orders.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orders.txt

Can anyone explain what the following orders do?

1) order ranged attack. (I seem to recall a mod that had something like this in it but cant remember what it did).

2)order underground railway. No idea at all about this one.

Thanks.

2)order underground railway. No idea at all about this one.
    Abolitionist order. In-game its name is 'Free Slaves'
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Re: Orders.txt

Originally posted by stankarp
      1) order ranged attack. (I seem to recall a mod that had something like this in it but cant remember what it did).
      That's not an actual order, its more of a command that has to be available to the AI to get them to use stacked units in attack forces I think.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I have a feeling that I played a mod some years ago that included a "ranged attack" for units. I am sure it was SPR's Punic War mod.

Given my limited programming experience, correction, almost non existant experience, I am not game to reload it to see what it does incase it mucks up cradle, but that game featured a Hannibal unit that could load troops like a ship and i am sure ranged attack which worked like bombardment but ranged units could do it and defenders could reply.

Comment

Yeah, I think he did do something like that using the bombardment and active defense commands, but I it wasn't related to the Orders.txt.

You should be able to load it though, because it runs as a scenario, so you can just select "Original Game" in ModSwapper, and open it through the scenario menu.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

It's a 'hidden order', not a real order:

# Hidden Orders (For GL)

ORDER_RANGED_ATTACK {
            Gold 0
            Move 100
            EventName ""

LocalizedName str_ldl_order_ranged_attack
            StatusText str_ldl_order_ranged_attack

UnitPretest_Invalid

CPIcon "upsi27.tga"
            ButtonLocation 10
            DefaultIcon ICON_ORDER_RANGED_ATTACK
            # FIXME - these are the default special action cursors
            Cursor 7
            InvalidCursor 8
            }
            The 'UnitPretest_Invalid' flag means that it can't be used in the game. It's just for the Great Library.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X