Spy unit in Cradle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spy unit in Cradle

I was just playing a Cradle 1.34a game and after fighting my way up to Republic, I quickly cranked out some Spy units to play catch-up in tech...

I noticed for some reason, they didn't have the 'Steal Technology' action available...?!

I quickly popped into cheat mode and created a Revolutionary and Cyber-Ninja, finding both had the ability. Also checked the CRA_units.txt file, and sure enough the Spy (unit 91) has the ability listed.

Am I missing something??

Hmmm, still not sure why the spy is behaving erratically. I tried adding:

CanAttack: Land
    CanAttack: Mountain

(both the Revolutionary and Cyber Ninja had this and the Spy didn't)

But it didn't make a difference.

When I commented out the 'Assassinate Ruler' effect, however, Steal Technology started showing up...
    Last edited by FallOfRome; April 2, 2003, 18:32.

Comment

What seams to have happened that someone has added the assassinate ruler to the spy. But because the assassinate ruler button occupies the same space as the steel Tec button the steel Tec button is hidden and can't be used. What you need to do is go into the file that dials with attacks and put the assassinate ruler button to a different location one which does not have a button on it.
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
        What seams to have happened that someone has added the assassinate ruler to the spy. But because the assassinate ruler button occupies the same space as the steel Tec button the steel Tec button is hidden and can't be used. What you need to do is go into the file that dials with attacks and put the assassinate ruler button to a different location one which does not have a button on it.
        Actual it is the CRA_Orders.txt that deals with the button locations, just open that file and modify the button number of the assasinate order or of the steal technology order of course use a button location for the new button that is not occupied by a lot of other orders. Alternatively you can use the both orders with the same button location by opening the context menue with a right click and you should find that order on the list.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Can anyone enlighten me as to what "order underground railway" and order "ranged attack" in orders.txt do?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Actual it is the CRA_Orders.txt that deals with the button locations, just open that file and modify the button number of the assasinate order or of the steal technology order of course use a button location for the new button that is not occupied by a lot of other orders. Alternatively you can use the both orders with the same button location by opening the context menue with a right click and you should find that order on the list.

-Martin
            I had this same problem over a year ago and asked about his and got no help, I kinda remember not being beleived. So I sorted it out myself by going intom the files and deleting the assisnate ruler thingy and steal tech came back to its rightful spot. I have done the same thing more than once since then.

But I mean, the assassinate ruler thing if applied to the AI could really kill your game. Can you imagine an end of game scenario where the defeat screen come up and says 'you have been assassinated', ooooh I am going to bed now, I hope no nightmares.

Comment

well iirc correctly whenever you push that button there appear two messages, one saying that your attempt failed and one saying that your successfull attempt to assassinate a local leader (mayor or somebody like that) has led to social unrest in that town. i never saw any further results except that your spy is dead.

oh, and btw, that the game never ends with the "you have been killed" message rather shows what a peacefull lot your people are. i mean changing governments normally ain't ordered by the government and doesn't result in naming the king president while keeping the same person in rule

Comment

you have been killed
                impossible

How else do you think you can live for over 4000 years?

Without being immortal.
                "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

ok, maybe i'm immortal. nevertheless the outraged mob could place me in a cage on the marketplace and throw eggs at me.

Comment

yes but your safe from assassination.

Comment

Actual assassination should only happen in local cities meaning only the local government there would be killed meaning the mayor there and in the city would break out chaos and anarchy. The leader of the global empire is save.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

So if I attacked London Ken Livingston would die, but Tony Blair would carry on living. Hmmm....something to think about.

Comment

Working...
                        X