try c all the hello world program is this

Code:
    void main()
    {
    clrscr();
    printf("hello world");
    getch();
    }

"Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Is this thread for bragging rights, or is there a project in mind?

Comment

I want to try some C does anyone know a good on-line tutorial and what program should i download (compilers, helpers, etc...) first?
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
          I want to try some C does anyone know a good on-line tutorial and what program should i download (compilers, helpers, etc...) first?
          I used Sam's Teach yourself C promgramming in 21 days and Borland C++ 5.02.

The How to for Borland is here: http://cisnet.baruch.cuny.edu/garnet...bc5/intro.html

I bought a copy of Sam's b/c you always need a reference.

However, it was possible last summer to get an online copy of Sam's here:

But it seems to have disappeared.

Of course some prefer C++

But, I liked the good ol' days when there was only C.

Comment

Oh, BTW if you want to learn C for free (i.e. don't want to spring for Borland). You can get a free C compiler with any version of Linux, which is free for download.

Common Linux operating systems are RedHat and Slackware.

If that's too much effort... What was the name of the guy who trained Neo in the Matrix?

Comment

Is this thread for bragging rights, or is there a project in mind?
              just what I want to know.

Were is locutus any way? He started the tread of an I haven’t seen many of his posts about.
              "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
              The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
              Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Well, basically it's just SLIC for me. I did do a half-course in FORTRAN as an undergraduate. Later I got fairly proficient in BASIC while I was writing my company's stock control and accounting programs. But it's only since I got CTP2 and interested in game programming that I've returned to writing code.

Comment

I have at some time managed to work in SLIC, Civ2 scripting, HTML, C, C++, Java (barely), BASIC of several varieties (especially VB), other game scripting languages (ZDoom, and you might even count Starcraft, though that's entirely GUI-based) and other programming languages (probably only Inform and Glulx seriously). Can I count TeX too?

Programming is one of my main leisure activities .

Comment

Working...
                  X