slave trading vs abolitionist movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slave trading vs abolitionist movement

Well as the name says I have found a way in theory to allow for the trading of slaves inside you empire.

The bad news is that to achieve this I have to remove the free slaves command which is the abolitionist main weapon.

I already found a way to move pop about but I am just wondering if this is a good idea so everybody vote.
    yes i want to move slaves about
    64.29%
    no i like the free slave command
    35.71%
    i am not voting
    0.00%
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

i want to move pop
    YES

does the abolitionist free ur own slaves w/o consequenses? i never knew that

Comment

pops is easy it is a few lines of code.

but slave trading is what I need the free slave code for.

and to get the free slave to target your own city is a line of code in the orders.txt
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Yes who cares about the abolitionist anyway
        not me
        When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

I dont like special units that much. I used to but i really dont anymore. To tell you the truth it is just stupid. So get rid of wht you need
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
            pops is easy it is a few lines of code.

but slave trading is what I need the free slave code for.

and to get the free slave to target your own city is a line of code in the orders.txt
            It would be great if you could change:

TargetPretest:EnemyCity

To something like:

TargetPretest:EnemyCity & OwnCity

That way you could move them anywhere.

Digression about Orders
            Has anyone successfully added a new order into the game? I tried it without success. You could get it to appear in the orders "tray", but when it came to implementing the order, CTP2 would let you.

Adding new orders impossible, or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
              I dont like special units that much. I used to but i really dont anymore. To tell you the truth it is just stupid. So get rid of wht you need
              I agree with that sentiment. They do not do enough for you to merit using them very much. Corporate franchises would be great if you received a lot more money for them, ditto Clerics and conversion.

Comment

Adding new orders probably require a new SLIC/in-game "event". It may be possible to use an existing event, but make it into a new order by altering the target. Such as the one above. *shrug* dunno.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The Big Mc,
                  You can always implement it. If people don't like it, they simply won't use it

I think it was either Big Mc or SMIFFGIG who managed to get orders working a while ago. There were some caveats though. If you search this forum, the thread should be there somewhere, can't have been much more than 6 months ago...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Adding order is a must for some of the seige warfare aspects of the mod I want to do. I look around though the old posts and see what I can learn.

Comment

I think I found the thread. I hope it helps in any way...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

good he already have got go-ahead

Comment

I think I found a work around for this problem instead of removing the slave form one of my cities i could switch the city to the barbarians then free the slave and then swap back again.

Also I have included at the bottom of this post the latest version of my new orders

This one will let you settle slaves and pop into already existing towns.

To install just put this in you gamedata folder then link to it. You will also have to make three new units called

UNIT_imagrantv -- copy of settler

UNIT_SLAVERtrader – copy of settler you can change the spr to the slaver if you want.
                          UNIT_slavebait – copy of settler you can replace this with a blank spr which is easy to make.

This aspect of the mod only allows for the slaves and pop to be placed in a city it does not support yet the creation of a slave trader.

Pc the terror hack command does not work correctly yet.

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Big Mc, how do you know if a city has slavers?
                              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                              Kill all and you are a God!"
                              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                              X