Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with savegames

hello everybody!

I am new on this forum and i have a problem with my savegames in the scenario

ex: in 1900 i save a game after have moved my armys.
    and in my city called " paris " there are 2 years remaining to build a battleship
    i load this game and army can now move and one year remaining to build the battleship !
    So it s a cheat and the game is less funny
    and it s only in the scenarios. In the normal game with autogen maps there isn t this problem.

So how can i solve this ?
    Thx to help me

NB : sorry for my poor english ^^
    Last edited by GSA; November 22, 2002, 16:25.
    Lord GoD Strong Arms

Same neu² Shoot again..
    Le sang va CoOleR

Yes, it's a known bug with the scenario saved games.

The best way to avoid it (if you are using altered game rules) is to use ModSwapper instead of the scenario structure, and save games normally from there.

Of course, then you have to load the map up at the beginning of the first turn, but that isn't too hard.

Which scenario are you playing?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

thx for reply.

I am noob with mods maps and scenarios.

I play with patch 1.11 fr, apolyton super pack 2.0, loaded with modswapper 1.12 and the scenario is 27 civs on earth maps 400 x 400

Can u explain me with more details the way to load correctly the map at the begining of the game to avoid this ****ing bug plz?

( I think activision succkkkksss with their ****ing ( and non existing ) support of their games )
      Lord GoD Strong Arms

Same neu² Shoot again..
      Le sang va CoOleR

Comment

i agree w/ u there

but the activision 02 games seem well supported
        (like tony hawk 4)

Comment

Probably the easiest way is to load the scenario, go into the map editor (load game, press ! ) then go to "save map".

Than start a normal SAP game, and go to the map editor again. Click "load map" and select the one you just exported.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

héhé great idea.
            i can play normally now.

Thx immortal wombat and long and glorious life to yours civs ^^
            Lord GoD Strong Arms

Same neu² Shoot again..
            Le sang va CoOleR

Comment

Working...
            X