Flaglist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaglist

OK I decided to post a new thread about the flag list in order to have the discussion (presuming there is one) here in a seperated thread.

The flag list is a spread sheet that contains all the flags that could be used in the CTP2 text files, not everything might be correct. And it is not complete. These strings very copied from the ctp2.exe using a normal text editor, yes these strings can be found with every text editor in the ctp2.exe, additional it contains all the strings concerning slic (functions, events...) and there are also some of the UI components listed but not all.

Note with the flags you can do some nice things and also this spread sheet might contain some unknown slic functions, but the main question is if the stuff does work and if yes what it does exactly.

-Martin
    Attached Files
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Excellent!
    This is very usefull - just started to get a friend into CTP2, he's modded Civ2(text files) abit and seems keen to try it here too. Thanks very much Martin.
    'assasinateleader' !! cripes!
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

The programmers did plan to have mines.
      Look this flag for the unit.txt
      Code:

BuildXrayMines
      Thats good stuff Martin
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Actual the x-ray-mines are some kind of space mines probably the programmers just converted all the CTP1 flags first before they decided what to use. It looks like if they considered to have x-ray-mines then they dropped it very early like space. You have a lot of space stuff in the ctp2.exe and there is also the throne room, but those things aren't very far developed. But of course you can try the BuildXrayMines flag.

-Martin

Comment

I take it
          Hear_gossip in the units.txt does nothing and
          HEAR_GOSSIP in the Strings1 section also does nothing

(i want gossip back)
          Did anyone see this ?
          Oxygen should be considered a drug
          Tiberian Sun Retro
          My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
          http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

OK, I just submitted it to the directory, but it is a pain to have enable cookies first in order to be able to do it. It is time to fix the directory.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
            X