Geeting the x and Y of a location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geeting the x and Y of a location

How is it possible to get the x and y coordinates of a location and assign them to a variable? I have tried to use location.x and location.y (even location.location), but everytime I use these, CTP2 says "Location is not a structure".

I did a search trough the CTP2 directory and mods and there is not a single line of code that uses location.x or .y. The disasters mod gets the X and Y by using Random(tmpX) and then assigning tmpX to another variable -- pretty clever.

But if you want a city's x and y location you can't use city[0].location.x and city[0].location.y

How do you get these values?
    Last edited by ahenobarb; October 20, 2002, 00:23.

IIRC, you have to have the location variable first: either a builtin "location[0]" or a user defined "tmpLoc" and then use "location[0].x" or "tmploc.x" So try "location[0]=city[0].location;"

BTW, at the time of this post, 6 people have previously viewed this thread. Are there really that many lurkers out there interested in such obscure subjects? If so, more posters are always welcome.

Comment

Oh, I forgot the '[0]'. Sometimes you work a problem so much you lose all perspective and someone else has to come along and tell you what you're overlooking.

Thanks, Peter.

Comment

Working...
      X