Help getting sprite to appear in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help getting sprite to appear in game

Ok, ive made some basic graphics, got the alpha channel to work in photoshop, got the spritemaker to work, and got the sprite file. For now all I want to do is see the sprite in the game, not make a whole new unit.

Ive been trying to replace the graphics for the settler or the warrior. Ive tried replacing the sprites, and ive tried making a new sprite and changing the spriteID file, but no matter what the sprite doesnt appear in the game.

I dont know how but even with the sprites replaced, the original graphics are still shown somehow!?

Ive been following all the help files I can find, I dont understand how this is happening. As far as I know, either replacing the correctly numbered sprite or changing the sprite ID file to get a unit to use a new sprite, should show my unit graphic.

Its as if the sprite files are ignored. Im obvisouly doing something very wrong but I dont know what.... Could someone please tell me how do I get the new graphics to be shown? I appreciate any help...

The file that needs to be edit is called newsprite.txt of course it needs a prefix if you want to modify one of the mods. The spriteID.txt is the sprite file of CTP1 and does nothing. In CTP2 unit sprites names have three digits, example: gu002.spr the settler sprite.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yeah, to replace the settler, use gu002.spr, not gu02.spr. And keep a backup
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The spriteID.txt is the sprite file of CTP1 and does nothing
        That would explain things I guess the info I have been reading is for CTP1...

Ok, thanks, I will give this a try, hopefully I can get somewhere now..

Comment

Mwahaha it works

thanks v much
          Attached Files

Comment

looking good
            Warrior vs Spacecruiser - I wonder who'll win...

Comment

Thanks

Although at the moment all the spaceship can do is move over ground terrain and found cities...

Comment

I'm betting on the warrior then
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Of course if this was civ3, I would also be betting on the warrior, irregardless of the abilities of the Cruiser.
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

lol yeah... To me it seems that in civ3, units get stronger the more outdated they become

Im sure a stack of 4000 year old warriors could capture a city full of mech infantry (especially if it was my mech infantry)

Comment

Remember to attach it when you are done.
                      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
                      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
                      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Working...
                      X