No announcement yet.

Unit Modding madness....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) wrong format of the tga shoudl not crash the game. The wrong bit type should just end up giving a distorted image, at least that's what I experienced.
    But i have once used for small icon larger files from CTP (cant remember the size but it is the smallest CTP size). it didnt crashed the game but they werent re-scaled. So in the army manager one targa was invading th others ones one space
    Last edited by Pedrunn; September 20, 2002, 13:28.
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

DP
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

But i have once used for small icon larger files from CTP (cant remember the size but it is the smallest CTP size). it didnt crashed the game but they werent re-scaled. So in the army manager one targa was invading th others ones one space
        That's just an x-y size difference. The format affects the "z-size" - how high quality the image is, and how compressed the file is and whatever... (or something)
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Okay I`ve built my first brand spanking new Attack Hellicopter was moving to one of my cities with an air carrier and halfway through the games did its rude crashing without explaination thing.

Now if I had missed out something the the text then my unit would not have ben built without the game crashing the moment it the sprite came onto the screen. Why of all things should it crash in the middle of a move?

Comment

Did it crash when the sprite came around to a certain facing, or when one of the pictures was first attempted to be displayed that had not been before?

Comment

I think the picture is also the problem. When they have to show up and the game cant find it a crash happen.

Can you attach the uniticon.txt here.
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

actually I tried again later and thpough the game did crash again it was with another new unit and the helicopter worked out fine.

I have a horrible feeling I might be blowing some memory or cpu limit or perhaps its just me being paranoid.

Anyway I'll attach the uniticon file for your amusement!
                Attached Files

Comment

There are several errors in the file.

1) You wrote a spr file for the First Frame entry when it should have the 160 x 120 tga file. 37 KB one although this size can be changed according to Caracorn. But you must make it a TGA. I think the correct ons should be UPU099L.tga for the UVA and UPUP097L.TGA for the helicopter.

2) In the entry Movie you should write "NULL" since there is no unit movies in CTP2.

3) In the Icon entry for the ICON_UNIT_ATTACK_HELICOPTER you forgot to write the .TGA at the end of the picture name.

I think this will solve your problem.
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

Name of the file shouldn't matter, but definitelly file type.

Not having taken a look at the file in question I neverless think Pedrunn is right. All of the above could have created the error. A non existing movie, and unidentifiable files (mispelled or missing the tga extension).

Marc aka Caran...

Comment

Well thanks for the input, the game is stable for the moment, I think it was that missing file extension that may have been the problem.

We shall wait and see

Comment

Working...
                      X