Hidden Nationality SLICable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedrunn
    Martin, in your goodmod i have seen some new orders related to create improvement.
    How do you trigger those slic orders? Is there a entry in the orders.txt to make a newly created order trigger them?
    Code:
    ORDER_BUILD_FORT {
      Gold 0
      Move 100
      EventName "UseSpaceLadderOrder"
      GLHidden

LocalizedName str_ldl_order_build_fort
      StatusText str_ldl_order_build_fort

TargetPretest:None
      UnitPretest_None

CPIcon "upsi44.tga"
      ButtonLocation 10
      DefaultIcon ICON_TILEIMP_FORTIFICATIONS

Cursor 1
      InvalidCursor 2
    }
    This line is the key line:

EventName "UseSpaceLadderOrder"

Whenever the order is added, the quoted event is triggered. Then go into the GM1_TileimpOrders.slc there you find this event handler:

Code:
    HandleEvent(UseSpaceLadderOrder)'MG_BuildFort' pre {
    	if((TerrainType(army[0].location)<=9)
    	||((TerrainType(army[0].location)>=18)
    	&& (TerrainType(army[0].location)<=21))
    	&& (HasAdvance(army[0].owner, ID_ADVANCE_STONE_WORKING))
    	) {
    		Event:CreateImprovement(army[0].owner,army[0].location, 8,0 );
    	}
    	if((TerrainType(army[0].location)>9)
    	||((TerrainType(army[0].location)<18)
    	&& (TerrainType(army[0].location)>21))
    	&& (HasAdvance(army[0].owner, ID_ADVANCE_SUBNEURAL_ADS))
    	) {
    		Event:CreateImprovement(army[0].owner,army[0].location, 39,0 );
    	}
    }
    It is triggered by the UseSpaceLadderOrder and will create a fort, if your unit is on land terrain, you have enough PW and the necessary advance. If the army is on a sea tile it will create an underwater fort (tile imp index 39 in GM1_tileimp.txt), presuming you have subneural ads actual I did not implemented this underwater base so far, I think I have to fix it, by the way I added some CTP1 tile imp graphics to the purple hill tile file. (The graphics of this underwater base including all construction graphics and the sea mine graphics, of cause this kind of sea mine that explodes.)

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Here's an update:
      -Changed the battle outcome a little and found a small, little, minor bug
      -The AttackButton now says "hidden attack" and will trigger with the spaceladder thingie - I used CanSue as a Unit pretest - I hope the privatter won't be around long enough to take advantage of that
      -Pillaging now works without the enemy seing who did it and it gives 50 gold. How much should it give?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
        the cattle unit added five food units to the terrain on that it was sitting. That would have made me to fill all the terrain with the cows for each tile 9 cows. So for every city 20*9 cows that would have been a lot if you consider that I had more then 300 cities in the end of a game. So that would have been a 10000++ cattle bug instead of a 200++ settler bug.
        That's not true. Only one cattle on any square has an effect, adding further cattle gives no additional food. So you only get 1000+ cattle.

Comment

Thanks martin
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

mapfi
            Check your PM
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

mapfi, could you make a summary of what this code does. I read the thread but i got confused on what has been changed or added since there are several different codes.

- Thanks in advance
              "Kill a man and you are a murder.
              Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
              Kill all and you are a God!"
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

@SMIFFGIG I read that one ages ago...

@Pedrunn
                Well, the coding is on hold till Caranorn comes up with a sprite of the privateer unit. But it's in my head and the tga question that Martin answered was actually connected to this because I wanted to introduce a new order button.

The latest posted code does the following:

-gives the longship (testunit) the ability to execute an attack on an enemy ship:
                -----the unit can't be seen, it's stealth
                -----the enemy doesn't know who attacked
                -----the outcome of the battle is calculated by the code - no regular battle taking place

-the attack is started by the clicking the order button or right click on unit and select hidden attack, so far the code look clockwise for an enemy unit (planning to change this)

There are a few other things that I plan to put in - most of them already mentioned here - but as I said I'll wait till I get that sprite and then code it and pack it up.
                Last edited by mapfi; September 29, 2002, 15:53.

Comment

Maquiladora was working on the privateer last I knew. I'm not sure how far he got. I myself consider myself on break concerning CTP2 for a few days more, after that I will have to uprade all sprites I already converted before i start with additional ones.

Marc aka Caran...

Comment

How's things going on this? I was also maybe wondering if its possible for a modern Special Forces unit with the hidden nationality ability but also have the Spy's ability to start revolutions in cities, is this doable? who am I kidding you CTP2 slicers are good enough for anything.
                    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Originally posted by E
                      How's things going on this? I was also maybe wondering if its possible for a modern Special Forces unit with the hidden nationality ability but also have the Spy's ability to start revolutions in cities, is this doable? who am I kidding you CTP2 slicers are good enough for anything.
                      That is only a modification of the unit.txt. No additional slic needed for that.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

No problem at all - but I'd need graphics - I mean a good sprite. and of course I'd have to have time...

Comment

flc for mapfi, but i think a sprite was already done int the civ3 conversion thread.
                          Attached Files
                          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Working...
                          X