Changing Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Sound

Can anyone tell me how to change the sounds in the game.

I found where the sound I want to change is referenced in the units.txt file and I found the specific sound file listed in sound.txt (it's "WSADDLE1.WAV"), but I cannot find that this file is one my hard drive. It is probably bundled in a larger file (sound.zfs?).

I just want to change the "clip-clop, clip-clop" sound to a gallop.

Rumaging throught the modificiation section here at Apolyton, didn't turn up how to do this (although it lead me to the above files).

Any help?

The sounds are in the sound.zfs you can visit the temporary database and download there zfs-reader. If the sound that should become the new sound of your unit is already in the sound.txt then you have only to replace the sound names, of course only if the sound has a *.wav file assigned in the sound.txt. If not then you have to add it to sound.txt, add a name that you want to use in the unit.txt to it with a refference on the according *.wav file. If you whish to add a sound with a *.wav file that is not part of the sound.zfs just add your *.wav file to the folder where you found the sound.zfs and you can use it in the sound.txt.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      The sounds are in the sound.zfs you can visit the temporary database and download there zfs-reader. If the sound that should become the new sound of your unit is already in the sound.txt then you have only to replace the sound names, of course only if the sound has a *.wav file assigned in the sound.txt. If not then you have to add it to sound.txt, add a name that you want to use in the unit.txt to it with a refference on the according *.wav file. If you whish to add a sound with a *.wav file that is not part of the sound.zfs just add your *.wav file to the folder where you found the sound.zfs and you can use it in the sound.txt.

-Martin
      Thanks Martin, I'll give it a try. Where is the "temporary database" from which to download the zfs reader?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ahenobarb
        Thanks Martin, I'll give it a try. Where is the "temporary database" from which to download the zfs reader?
        It's a topped thread in the forum (in fact, the top thread, at the moment.)

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway

It's a topped thread in the forum (in fact, the top thread, at the moment.)
          Oh, Thanks! I wandered all over the modification section.

I integrated the sound I wanted, so thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X