Unit Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Levels

Just a Question. I've been looking around briefly, but cannot seem to find anything like this. Has anyone done/seen a mod which allows units to level-up in a standard game like the samurai scenario?

I just got CTP2 and this idea really excited me.

Ta,
    Greg

Hi, Greg

Welcome to CTP2land.

I don't really know what you mean by 'level up in a standard game', but there's a lot of non-standard stuff in that Samurai scenario. IIRC, it was intended to be a sort of fantasy thing so it's unlikely that anybody's taken much out of it.

Comment

Assuming a certain SLIC function which remains substantially untested does not in fact work as documented (not unlikely), then...
      The only way to do level-ups is how it is done in the Samurai scenario, which is by having duplicate entries in the files, so have a separate unit for each unit. Which is a) very time-consuming to mod in, and b) resource-heavy on upgrade in future ages, when battles are frequent. And the SLIC would need a lot of time too.

Its possible, but the veteran effect is enough to suffice for most people.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
      X