Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashura
    That raised another point about the AI that seemed unable to upgrade quickly their tile improvement, or change them even when they have a lot of public work.

Ashura
    So far as I know the default setting is to consider to build 50 tile improvements per turn for the. So look on the AI empire and see I much improvements are there I guess there is no room for more ones, know you could use the cheat editor to find out if the AI has the necessary techs to build more advanced tile improvements. From my experience the AI will upgrade its tile improvements once it got the necessary advance and then it needs all the stored PW.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes I think this is this way. I've overreacted over this point.
      I have just finish a game in 2200, without having all the technology thought all my cities were 35_42 pop and I control half the map.
      So two thing bother me. Is the cost of technology the same on all map size (where is it in the SLIC I have to learn the SLIC ). I like to play on small map with few City to manage (quicker to play especially in multiplayer)
      Second after reaching the end of modern age I was offered only one or two technologies for choice. I find that a bit disappointing not to be able to made technology choice...

Comment

I have just finish a game in 2200, without having all the technology thought all my cities were 35_42 pop and I control half the map. So two thing bother me. Is the cost of technology the same on all map size (where is it in the SLIC I have to learn the SLIC ). I like to play on small map with few City to manage (quicker to play especially in multiplayer)
        Yes that is really a problem the tech costs are the same for all map sizes. They were even the same on the ultra gigantic map version of ApolytonPack 1.02. The tech costs can't be find in a slic file you have to edit the advance.txt (in ApolytonPack APOL_advance.txt) to reduce the costs for all techs. You are right the costs maybe right for an ultra gigantic map but not for a normal map. That is one of the next things I have to do in GoodMod for ApolytonPack, therefore I already use the end yeah of the original game in GoodMod for ApolytonPack. CTPEdit will be a good tool to fix the tech costs.

Second after reaching the end of modern age I was offered only one or two technologies for choice. I find that a bit disappointing not to be able to made technology choice...
        You have to be shure that there are more techs for that you have the prequisites. If you only have all required techs for just two techs than you can only select between two techs. To find this out use the Great Library.

-Martin

Comment

Thanks Martin,

I will change the Advance cost, may be half or 2/3 should be good. any opinion??
          For the Advance I think IMHO that it came from the age requirement (there is a lot more age and fewer future tech). May be you can explain me how to reduce the number of age?? and the age requirement.

I think that the tile production of Ocean tile has been change isn't it? Where can I modifiy that to my liking...

Sorry, I ask a lot of things (it is because the pack is upgrade a lot of things and that good)

Comment

You can change the ocean tile production in terrain.txt.

Comment

I think it hasn't to do anythink with the age requirement, you find the number of advances required for each age in the age.txt for APOL'Pack APOL_age.txt. But that hasn't anythink to do two with for research available advances. You need to enter one particular age as many advances as specified in the age.txt from the age that should be enterd. Actual there are not more or less advances in APOL'Pack, there are just members of different ages that has no influence on the discover time.

-Martin

Comment

Thanks every one indeed,

I will look at all this things and try my mods with a few luck...

Comment

I don’t have the files in front of me, but I seem to recall a multiplier for the costs of (all) advances in the diffdb.txt file. I remember adjusting it to make advances cost more so I would run out of advances closer to the end of a long game (on extra-huge-gigantic maps). The multiplier seemed to work and it seems to me far easier to change the one multiplier in diffdb.txt than to change individual advance costs in the advance.txt file. Hasn’t anyone modified diffdb.txt to adjust the costs of advances?

Comment

I just downloaded all the version 2.0 (beta) files from Dale’s website. I am looking forward to facing the improved AI in battle and at the negotiating table. I am very grateful to those who have dedicated their time and effort to producing the Apolyton Pack. I know that version 1.2 made the game much more challenging and interesting, so I bet that version 2.0 will be even better!

I have some few questions - do I need any of the smaller bugfix files identified in this thread? Or have they been incorporated into the files I downloaded? I think that I should just grab the small bufixes that I want from this thread, right?

I enjoyed playing against about 15 AIs on the oversize maps in version 1.2, even though it made for some very long games. Were the oversized maps very popular, or was it just me? I would be willing to help with some of the text file adjustments for oversize map play if such a feature is going to be included in future versions of the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by ETB
                      I have some few questions - do I need any of the smaller bugfix files identified in this thread? Or have they been incorporated into the files I downloaded? I think that I should just grab the small bufixes that I want from this thread, right?
                      Actual Dale didn't announced that he incorporated the last attachment that I provided, so I guess it is not in. Dale anounced for the earlier bug fixes that these are in so they are in. If you want really to prevent the AI and of course the human as well from pillaging neutral tile improvements than you should get my last bug fix from this thread. In APOL'Pack it is not as a huge problem as in GoodMod as you don't have a map filled with neutral tile improvements. But this bug can also occur in every other version of this game therefore if you like to elimate a reason for a crash than download the lastone.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by ETB
                        I enjoyed playing against about 15 AIs on the oversize maps in version 1.2, even though it made for some very long games. Were the oversized maps very popular, or was it just me? I would be willing to help with some of the text file adjustments for oversize map play if such a feature is going to be included in future versions of the pack.
                        I was a fan of the Ultra-Gigantic Map, and regularly played with 11 civs. But on my system, I was finding in the later game, especially with the large armies needed for multi-front campaigns, that it was taking quite some time between turns. Up to 7, 8 minutes sometimes. I'm sure that's a hardware issue. So while I miss that size map in some ways, I am finding I enjoy the quicker turn time more. If it turns out its not a hardware issue, I would be glad to see the Ultra-Gigantic make a return.
                        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Bugs

Martin,

You are correct. The V2.0 does not include your fix of the crash's that occurr when pillaging neutral tile improvements. I think it does include all the other fixes though.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ETB
                            I don’t have the files in front of me, but I seem to recall a multiplier for the costs of (all) advances in the diffdb.txt file. I remember adjusting it to make advances cost more so I would run out of advances closer to the end of a long game (on extra-huge-gigantic maps). The multiplier seemed to work and it seems to me far easier to change the one multiplier in diffdb.txt than to change individual advance costs in the advance.txt file. Hasn’t anyone modified diffdb.txt to adjust the costs of advances?
                            There is a multiplier, mostly for difficulty I think. Nevertheless I did a file with the original advance cost and Dale's age if any one interested.

Another questions :

There are two problem with the AI :

In the early Age its 12 army stack refuse to attack my Cities (even in Impossible level) can someone say me where I can try to mod that easily or improve it.

I like to play on archipelago world, but the computer seem unable to make any correct oversea operation depiste the dale's modification...

I know this is a wish list...

Ashura
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ashura,

In the early Age its 12 army stack refuse to attack my Cities (even in Impossible level) can someone say me where I can try to mod that easily or improve it.
                              Go to GOAL_SEIGE in Goals.txt and outcomment some of the SquadClass flags as follows:

GOAL_SEIGE {
                              RallyFirst

SquadClass:CanAttack
                              // SquadClass:CanBombard
                              // SquadClass:CanDefend
                              // SquadClass:HasZoc
                              // SquadClass:CanCaptureCity

TargetType:City
                              TargetOwner:HotEnemy

Execute ORDER_ATTACK
                              When I did this I got much better results. Don't ask me why, I would have thought that those flags function disjunctively.

I like to play on archipelago world, but the computer seem unable to make any correct oversea operation depiste the dale's modification...
                              The AI likes water about as much as my cat, Gottlob, liked going for a swim. It's disappointing: the game has lots of great naval units but I find that as soon as I put any significant percentage of water on the map, I'm in for an easy game.

It was the same with Civ2, as I recall; the AI there would never mount an effective amphibious invasion. And likewise for Civ3, I believe that Yin26 got initially excited when he saw it's AI land some troops on his territory but it turned out to be a fluke. OTOH, when RON comes out it will be interesting to see how this works:

UGO: Naval units always seem to be an afterthought in games of this type. Will Rise of Nations re-introduce them as critical units or are they still a secondary thought?

BR: I've been dying to tell somebody and I think you may be the first person to ask me about the ships! Naval units in RTS games have always been a "love 'em or hate 'em" proposition--many players refuse to play on "sea maps" at all. ... in Rise of Nations once you have the proper technology and you've built a port, your ground units have automatic access to transports at any appropriate coast: just order them across the sea and they go. The game automatically handles packing them up in transport ships (the slowest and most vulnerable class of ships, of course). It makes naval games a lot more fun and a lot less frustrating.
                              Presumably, their AI will be able to do the same thing. (Hmm, you know "your ground units have automatic access to transports" reminds me of the way that CTP1 handled paratroopers. )

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Actual Dale didn't announced that he incorporated the last attachment that I provided, so I guess it is not in. Dale anounced for the earlier bug fixes that these are in so they are in. If you want really to prevent the AI and of course the human as well from pillaging neutral tile improvements than you should get my last bug fix from this thread. In APOL'Pack it is not as a huge problem as in GoodMod as you don't have a map filled with neutral tile improvements. But this bug can also occur in every other version of this game therefore if you like to elimate a reason for a crash than download the lastone.

-Martin
                                Thank you Martin. I can really appreciate the “neutral tile pillage” fix. I tried to pillage an improvement once on a neutral tile and the game immediately crashed! I restarted and tried it again just to make sure that was the reason for the crash and sure enough – BOOM. I never tried it again, but I thought that was an odd bug not to have been fixed in CtP2 (if not in the patch!). I’ll have to try your fix now.

Comment

Working...
                                X