Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was having fun with the super apolyton mod and decided to start a new game, went to create my map and without warning the game crashes out on me! Not even an error message...how rude!

Can anyone help?

Comment

• Originally posted by gigapimp3001

I was having fun with the super apolyton mod and decided to start a new game, went to create my map and without warning the game crashes out on me! Not even an error message...how rude!

Can anyone help?
      Quite rude indeed! I have been running many SAP (and SAP/GoodMod/UL Map) games over the past few months without any problem. I have achieved good success running CtP2 under Wiindows 2000 and Windows XP. I have noted (with many programs) that programs should be installed under the Administrator account (not an account with Administrator privilege) to ensure complete and proper installation. I do not know why this is so – it really doesn’t make much sense to me (remember that we are talking about a Microsoft product). But we have seen many programs not function properly until installed under the Administrator account. You may want to try this with CtP2.

Comment

• Queueing after a wonder bug?

Well, I had been building a wonder and only had a few turns to finish. Queued afterwards was a couple of standard buildings. However, I suddenly got a message that that wonder had just been built by someone else. "Oh well", I thought, "I'll change to another wonder". But what happened? I never had a chance. It had automatically taken the next building in the queue and built it and all the remaining production was lost!

Does this "bug" happen in every mod? Has anyone fixed it? Or is the moral of the story to not have anything else queued after a wonder except maybe another wonder?

Sorry if this has been already mentioned elsewhere but this is a very long thread and I don't want to plow through every post.
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• IIRC when you get a message that someone else has built the wonder you can´t change the buildqueu anymore anyway. If there´s nothing in the queu, you´ll loose all saved up production. You have to change to antoher wonder when you get the message that the other one will soon finish his work.
          Could be wrong on this though.

Related to this, what´s the penalty for switching something being built? I think I saw 25% somewhere but I´m in doubt if there actually is a penalty.

Comment

• Thats correct, it's not a bug, just the way the game plays. Once you get the warning that another CIV is about ready to finish a Wonder, you have 2 or 3 turns to take action. I usually place a second Wonder in the the building que, or if one is not available, I place whatever takes the maximum number of turns to complete, thereby minimizing my losses. If you place nothing else in the que, you lose the entire amount invested in the Wonder.

There used to be a penalty for changing an item that was in process of being built (either in CTP1 or CIV2), but that is not the case in CTP2

Comment

• Also, if the Wonder is one you really want, you can "Rush Buy" it, assuming you have enough gold, but you need to make that choice in the same turn that you get the warning. If you do this, then the AI is the one that loses all it's accumulated production invested in that Wonder.

Comment

• I concur, there is no penalty for switching items in your build queue.

But it does suck when the AI grabs the Wonder out from under you!
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Can we reintroduce such a penalty with slic somehow? I can't think of a way to change stored production in the cites...
                  In my opinion it doesn't make sense not to have it, however. - Oh well...

Comment

• I think they took it out because although it was present in CTP you could get round it (as used in the rush buy switch cheat), and so they didn't bother anymore.

Comment

• From the GM1_const.txt

CHANGE_CURRENTLY_BUILDING_ITEM_PENALTY 25 # what percent of the shields stored is lost if the current item is changed
                      It is in this file. We don't know if they cut it on purpose or they hadn't the time to fix this.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I didn't get any warning before the wonder had been built by someone else - they had just suddenly buuilt it though I was told when they began building it. I think it may be to do with the fact that I hadn't established an embassy with them. If so, then I think you get warned beforehand.
                        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• Rusty Gamer,

No, you don't need dipolomatic relations to get the warning. About 2 or 3 turns before the AI complete a Wonder you should get a message indicating that they are about to finish. If not, there is something wrong with one of your files.

Comment

• Rusty,
                            They probably rush-bought the wonder. (Un)fortunately, two can play that game
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                              Rusty,
                              They probably rush-bought the wonder. (Un)fortunately, two can play that game
                              Yeah they can do it. In one game I saw the AI starting to build a wonder and I thought I will win the race, because I already started the wonder enough turns ago. But then surprise surprise, the AI finished it a few turns later. No change.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• ---I have never been very good at any of the Call to Power games. More specifically, I suck. I am a Civilization player attempting to play CTP. Anyway, I used to scrape by on the moderate difficulty levels, but never liked any of the CTP games because of the poor balance and AI.

---Well, I downloaded this mod and promptly had my arse handed to me. I dropped down to Easy level (not Beginner) and I can barely scrape by.

---I have a bug report. (note - I admit to not reading this entire HUGE thread, so if it's a known issue, I apologize) When playing in Beginner or Easy mode, the game sets the Gameplay Options defauly ON for the popup help windows that give tutorial advice. In fact, modifying the setting is not saved in the Save Game file, so you have to turn it off every time you load the game with this mod. Anyway, the game window minimizes (doesn't crash. =)) and I get an error, which I humbly beg your forgiveness for not actually writing down (and to think I do phone tech support for a living).

---At the same time, I think I'll read around the board a bit more for general gaming advice. I suck at CTP (1 and 2)

Comment

Working...
                                X