Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm playing in the Tournament and since getting to the 1900's have started getting this error nearly every turn:

'error (Null):26843802:Array index 0 out of bounds.'

the number after the (null): does vary.
    It only happens at the begining of an AI's turn(not always the same one but sometimes to multiple ones before my turn comes around again) and the end result is a dump to desktop, although you can carry on with the game.
    I've changed no files since the begining so any idea's?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• That sounds like a DebugSlic=Yes when it should be No problem.

Comment

• Yeah i should be able to check this in about an hour or so. One thing, what causes the Debugslic setting to change? I haven't been swapping between mods or anything like that.
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

• CoT:

Make the file read-only.

Comment

• Thanks very much for the pointer, Debugslic was indeed the problem.
            And cheers Dale - that is a good idea
            Still i'm too late for the tourney!!!!(I really tried to find more time).

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
              The SAP AI is primarily from the MedMod and Cradle........

But I don't think you really need to do this......
              I think so! In my opionion SAP seems more and more aggressive than MED......seems to me......
              MF

Comment

• Those wondering about the SAP AI, here's how it all progressed:

- The old Apolyton Pack from 12 months ago had the mixture of Med Mod/Cradle AI (from june 2001).

- Cradle progressed quite happily for many months getting better and better.

- World at War uses the Cradle AI as it's base, but then I came along and changed it drastically to allow for a more "20th century warlike" feel to it.

- SAP uses a modified WAW AI that isn't so warlike, so that the AI can handle growth, prosperity, diplomacy and science like it should.

So really, the flow is:

Cradle --> WAW --> SAP

Hope this clears up the question.

Comment

• Dales website down???

Havern't been able to access it for a while is this temporary?
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Comment

• Re: Dales website down???

Originally posted by Colwyn
                    Havern't been able to access it for a while is this temporary?
                    If you just like to download ApolytonPack, then I highly recommend the Apolyton Directory our new Apolyton Database for download.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• works for me...
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Ta got it

yes the new dir is good, I wasn't sure previously if the SAP was version 2 from the old listing in the downloads menu.

Thanks
                        Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Comment

• I downloaded the super Apolyton pack from the directory.

I completely uninstalled CTP2, then reinstalled it, applied the 1.1 patch, installed modswapper and then installed the pack. I ran it once to create userprofile.txt, then went in and set debugslic=no and then ran CTP2 again with the pack and there is something wrong. I build a city with my first settler but then my second settler goes on walkabouts all on his own. I direct him one way, he goes off in another direction. Turns keep ending automatically while he continues to wander. What gives?
                          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• Itsa hidden feature. Send him to sleep at the end of each turn,and settle quickly.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• I havent played apolyton pack, but "Itsa hidden feature" huh! what kind of hidden feature is that?

Or is it a joke and im just abit slow today
                              Oxygen should be considered a drug
                              Tiberian Sun Retro
                              My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                              http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

• Yeah the hidden feature another way to call bugs. To be precise it is a bug in the frenzy code. So do that what IW said, in addition you can disable the automatic end turn until the settler founded a city.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X